Menu

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Advice on boys names

My husband and I would like to choose a boys name that is not too popular and a little different. My father-in-law gave our baby (we don't know the sex yet- but I think it's a boy) the nickname of Roo (boy) Rue (girl) as I am an aussie and he thought it would be a cute nickname! These are the boys names we are liking:
    Roux- (found it under character /tv/movie names)
    Shepherd
    Breccan
    Kitt
    Trey
    Judson
    August
    Indio
    Kai
    Neri
    Audon

Re: Advice on boys names

My favorites on your list are Indio and August. Really nuts about both of them!

lola Guest

From your list, I'm really digging: Shepherd, August, Indio, Kai & Audon.

Audon's pretty neat sounding. I'd rather the Auden spelling. Looks a bit snappier. I really like the Audie possibility! Shepherd's neat in a occupational sort of way. Shep's kind of cuddly. Indio's cool. :) August & Kai are almost mainstream compared to the other three. I like them all!

My favorites from your list are Shepherd, Judson and Indio. Audon with an o throws me, but I adore Auden for a boy. Indio feels best for a saucy half-Aussie. ;)

I really like Auden spelled with an "e". Very handsome!

I love August and Shepherd.
    :: o l i v e ::

Trey and Kai if its a boy. Skip the Audon and its variations. Its been nauseatingly overdone

lola Guest

Kerry, I have to ask, where has Audon & variants been 'overdone'? I've never seen it used, myself. Heard of it a few times, sure but nothing like Aidan! In fact, SSA here in the states can't find Audon, Auden or Audin anywhere in the top 1000, of any year. So, I'm curious as to where it has been overdone?

I've only heard of Auden once on a little neighbor boy. I think it sounds very fresh and has a literary connection to the poet Auden.

I think Noah Wylie has a daughter named Auden, and one of my favorite writers, Adam Gopnik, has a son named Luke Auden, but off the top of my head, I can't think of any others. I think it's a fresher alternative to Austin.