girls-

avelin
    evelyn
    sailor

boys-
    reid
    nick
    julian

what do you think of all of these, and any suggestions?

Re: My 9th child! what name should i choose?!!!!!!!! help

My mom had a big family with eight kids. Her older sisters helped to name her.
    I love the name Evelyn. It means hazelnut. Evelyn sounds so warm and rich. I love Nick but I would use the full name Nicholas or a variant of it. You could call your son Nico for short, too. Julian is so cute, too! You could call him Jules for short. I love your kids names, and I'm sure you'll choose a great name for your 9th baby!

For a girl I love both Evelyn and Aveline. Another suggestion would be Julia. For a boy I agree with Susan and would use the full name Nicholas. Cole is another nickname for Nicholas. I also like Julian. The names of your children are all lovely.

Wow, congratulations! I love all your boys' names and agree on the Nicholas suggestion. My favorite is probably Reid because it's the most unusual, it's simple and elegant, and it's got the book association. But people will inevitably want to spell it Reed and so that will cause endless confusion.

On the girls' names, I think Evelyn is your best bet. Avelin is going to be very confusing and Sailor is adorable but just seems very trendy to me. How about Juliet?
    Pam Redmond
    Nameberry

WoW! You go girl! lol

Evelyn goes with the girls names by far the best. I too prefer Nick over Nicholas. BUT, it doesn't gmv. I'm going with Reid. Konner is a great name but, right now sticks out in the boys group. Reid bridges that tie to the other boys names, kwim?

lola Guest

Another vote for Evelyn and I agree with Mom2Rhys, Reid fits best with the boys. Congrats!

Nine! Wow!

I bow to you. Nine-- how fantastic! For the girls, I also like Evelyn-- it goes perfectly with your other pretty, classic girls' names. On the boy side, I don't like Nick/Nicholas so much just because it's a little too popular for me. Reid is handsome but doesn't quite go with the other boy names; I think Julian fits much better with the brothers.

Evelyn for a girl would be nice!