Menu

name for 3rd child, a girl

I have a daughter Marley and a son Pryor. We are expecting our third and just found out it is a girl. Our last name is Krandal. I already know the middle name will be Eleanor after my grandmother. Here are the three names we are thinking about-
    Ellory Eleanor
    Crosby Eleanor
    Darby Eleanor

What do you think? Thanks!

Re: name for 3rd child, a girl

Just realized that not only is Ellory Eleanor a mouthful it also would give her EEK as initials so it is out. Any other suggestions?

lola Guest

Well, to be honest, I'm not a fan of Crosby (makes me think of Bing and then Denise)and I heartily dislike Darby. ("Darby O'Gill and the little People", not for a little girl!). Darby's also on the "New Pooh" on Disney. Makes me weep. Christopher Robin was timeless.
    Maybe it's as simple as I'm not a fan of unisex names. I prefer my girls & boys to be obviously so. But here's a few suggestions that might appeal (and even I could live with on a girl)!

With Marley (g) & Pryor (b):

Finley Eleanor - I have Finlay paired with Clarence on *my* boys list, but I think Finley could work on a girl, too.
    Connelly Eleanor
    Leslie Eleanor
    Grey Eleanor (I have Elinor Grey on my lists somewhere, even)
    Ashton Eleanor
    Greer Eleanor
    Ashby Eleanor - OOH, I LIKE This one! :)
    Darren Eleanor - Darren seems kind of weird on a guy, but feels pretty fresh on a girl!
    Ripley Eleanor
    Yancey Eleanor - Another one that greatly appeals to even me!
    Hollis Eleanor ?
    Dilys Eleanor - Dilys us actually a girls name but it sounds so unusual, it might appeal.
    Auden Eleanor -Was going to suggest Arden, but I'm already seeing that tossed around for girls, Auden seems fresher. (and it's a Poet surname, W.H. Auden) Very cool.

I hope I helped a little bit!

I second Lola's Grey, Greer, Hollis and Auden. What do you think about Hayden, Mila, Harley, Reagan, Paige or Morgan? I really like Marley, I think it is sweet but my husband won't go for it :( Good luck!

Open for suggestions???

Marley, Pryor & Roan K (I don't know why, but I've always perfered it on a girl)
    Marley, Pryor & Harlow K (HEK, hmm?)
    Marley, Pryor & Juno K (my favorite with her siblings)
    Marley, Pryor & Brinley K
    Marley, Pryor & Kessler K (I have no idea where that name came from... hope it's not a drug or something I'm suggesting here, lol)