Menu

How about this name?

have you heard of the name Celerie? i dont know how you pronounce it. maybe cell- er- ree or ce-layr-ree...idk...what do u think? Post what you think on the name and if you'be heard it, or how its pronounced.

Re: How about this name?

I've never heard of it before, but just by looking at it, I'd pronounce it Cell-er-ee, exactly like "celery."

lola Guest

I've seen Celerie before, somewhere long ago. I say it just like the vegetable: celery. Now, I'm a lover of the medieval Lettice, which, while the predecessor of Leticia, sounds like the vegetable: lettuce. So I'm not about to say eww to Celerie. :) I say they're in the same category, though and most people are going to say eeew! to Celerie, just as they do to my beloved Lettice!

I could pronounce it like celery too. Sounds like it belongs in a salad. If i could get past that it might be pretty but I don't think I can!!

As a teacher, I think you might be setting up your kid to be made fun of. A name that is similar, but not common is Ellory. I think this is a pretty alternative.