Menu

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Help!

Help!

I just recently found out that I'm pregnant......for the fourth time. I'm happy I really am, just in shock right now. I really want to start looking for names early to make sure I don't get tired of them, plus it's become annoying having hubby refer to it as 'the uh oh'. My children's names are Griffin, 5, Spencer, 4, and Milo, 9 months. Any ideas would be much appreciated. I sure hope it's not another boy, but my favorite names are all for boys, here they are:
    Hudson
    Dawson
    Sawyer
    Jaxon
    Liam
    Julian
    Kingston
    Jasper
    Duncan
    Owen
    Truman

lola Guest

Re: Help!

Congrats! I'll keep my fingers crossed for a pink one this time! (I have 2 boys, age 22 and a girl, age 4), so I kind of feel for you, I used to be there myself! As it is, we're trying for #4 ourselves, not caring which it is this time (but I'm secretly hoping for another girl!)

With Griffin, Spencer & Milo, I like these from your list:
    Hudson
    Sawyer
    Liam
    Julian
    Jasper
    Duncan
    Truman
    I would go with Jasper, Julian, Sawyer or Truman, in that order. I think Jasper is absolutely perfect with Griffin, Spencer & Milo, really fantastic!

Good luck! :)

Hudson-I don't like the surnames being used for first names trend
    Dawson-ditto
    Sawyer-awkward to say
    Jaxon-odd spelling (just gutt reaction)
    Liam-very common
    Julian-love it!
    Kingston-sounds like a cigarette
    Jasper-reminds me of Casper the ghost
    Duncan-love it
    Owen-love it
    Truman-surname-ish

I want my daughter to consider Julian for her baby that expected in August (#7) if it's a boy. I think that she said it's too girly sounding. :-(

I like Hudson with your three boys,

What about Tucker, Nate, Felix or Oliver?
    Or Oscar,?

I like Liam, Owen, and Dawson the very best from your list.

Hudson-love it. It would be fun to say, and it sounds really strong. Good for an athlete or a scholar.
    Dawson-don't like it. Sounds like Dawson's Creek so I think of T.V.
    Sawyer-love it because I think of Tom Sawyer.
    Jaxon-like Jackson better. Jackson is one of my faves.
    Liam-love it!
    Julian-great!
    Kingston-don't like it. I think it will have a short shelf life.
    Jasper-wonderful!
    Duncan-very nice!
    Owen-a winner, but it's going to get very popular, I think.
    Truman-this is so wonderful!
    Considering the sibling names I would pick Owen, Jasper, Hudson, or Liam. I really love Truman but it's kind of hard to say at the beginning. When boys get to be a little older they like their friends to have names that they can just slur. I've noticed that. My son has a friend named Spencer and his friends all call him by his last name which is easy to say (no consonant blends and has only one syllable.
    I don't like the name Nate because it means one side of a bottom. Nathan is nice. Love Oliver. That would go very nicely with your other boys' names!

Lola- thanks, I value your opinion.

Kellyer21- thanks, and I'm sorry that your not into many of my names or surnames as first names (and several on my list are surnames), but I still love them and do not care if some people don't particularly like the names I've chosen if I really like the name(as should everyone).

Butterfly and mama2monkey- thanks for the feedback

Susan- thanks for the comments, I appreciate them.

Here's my short list now:

(1) Hudson
    (2) Sawyer
    (3) Truman
    (4) Julius (husband nixed Julian)

I absolutely love Truman. It's strong and handsome, and the nickname Tru is just charming! I also like Hudson and Julius. Sawyer doesn't do much for me; actually, lately I've heard it on more girls than boys! :o

Sounds like you have a full house! I really love both Hudson and Sawyer. Never really thought about Truman but I think it could work. Do you have any ideas for middle names or girls?

Sorry I haven't posted in a while, it' been a busy week. My 20 week ultrasound is on the 13 of this month so I will find out the sex of the baby then! Griffin is hoping for a boy (it's his birthday on Tuesday), but I still have my fingers crossed for a little girl. Sorry smitty, I don't have any names girls yet but when if I find out that it's a girl on Tuesday, I will start looking then :)