Menu

Thread: Zeus Airam?

Zeus Airam?

Okay i think i finally found what im looking for. but is it good or will he get made fun of?
    Zeus Airam nickname ZuZu... my husband loves zeus and his mom (who recently passed) is named maria. if we have a girl the name will be Alise Maria, and Boy will be Zeus Airam (maria spelled backwards). he loves it, and i think its creative, but im not sure if hed get made fun of. let me know what you think...

Re: Zeus Airam?

Okay, while Zeus might fly in some uber-cool parts of the world (hello, Manhattan!), I'm just a country girl and can't quite wrap my head around it. It just seems like way too much to live up to. On the other hand, Airam is quite growing on me, and would be a lovely and unexpected tribute to Maria.

I definitely think Zeus can work, especially in hipper parts of the world, and Airam is indeed creative. But I have a little problem with Zuzu -- it's most famously the nickname of the little girl in "It's A Wonderful Life." So while Zeus is this huge masculine image to live up to, Zuzu is this delicate little girl! Stick with Zeus.....
    Pam Redmond
    Nameberry

lola Guest

Zeus would work up here near Boston, too! Airam is a pretty neat thought for a middle. He might hide it when he's older but nothing beats sentiment, I think. yeah, Zeus as a first name gets an head-up, "hey, now that's interesting" nod. :) Apollo's my favorite of the gods but Zeus definitely works better than Ares!

I like Zeus I been thinking about this and I like Zeus Abram or Zeus Aaron

Zeus is a little much for this country girl but I like Airam esp. because of the meaning behind it.

I think he'd definitely get made fun of! It's too specific to mythology, not to real humans.

My concern would be about the connotation of the name if your family (or he later) becomes very religious. Zeus is a very strong, well recognized name (a positive!) but for the very religious might be put off considering he was a god among many. It might also be a hard name to carry for a small child (or not so tall and muscular man).