Menu

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Hunter Alexander ??

Hi! I wanted to get as many unbiased opinions as I can before making a final decision on a name. We are looking for a name that flows well and goes with our short last name. My hubby and I meet in the middle on Hunter and he offered up this suggestion on the middle name( we want a classic middle). Does it make is strange that both first and middle end in -er???.............Also, I saw some really mean comments on another site saying stuff like..."I dont see why anyone would name there child after an animal murderer!"....this did not cross my mind at ALL...What are your opinions and I am open to anyother suggestions...THanks a bunch!

Re: Hunter Alexander ??

I'm not a huge fan of Hunter- like you I read the comments on another site.
    But saying that

Hunter Alexander is GORGEOUS!

Hunter isn't one of my faves but that said I think Hunter Alexander sounds very handome. The two "er" sounds don't bug me at all and honestly I don't know what kind of people would think 1st of hunting. It isn't some wackadoo thing you thought up - it's a name!

lola Guest

I'm not a fan of Hunter, myself (it does make me think of hunting first and foremost) but if it's something you and your Husband agreed on, then it's alright with me. Hunter Alexander is a bit 'r'ish. It's not awful, though but I really liked the suggestion of Hunter Edward! Dashing Hunter Edward!

Some other thoughts (sorry for repeats, I can't easily check what's already been said):
    Hunter William
    Hunter Thomas
    Hunter Kenneth
    Hunter John
    Hunter Frederick
    Hunter Judah
    Hunter Finlay
    Hunter Francis
    Hunter Henry
    Hunter Graham
    Hunter Raphael
    Hunter Gabriel
    Hunter Felix
    Hunter Julian
    Hunter Sebastian
    Hunter Timothy

Anything there grab you?

Hunter was on my short list of boys' names when we named our first child, a son. My husband hated it. Actually he hated my whole list. So we came up with Peter which is a little bit similar to Hunter because it ends in "ter". At the time, I thought of Sebastian for Peter's middle name, but I also considered Alexander. There's a kind of famous artist named Peter Alexander. I think Hunter Edward sounds better than Hunter Alexander, though. Hmmm...now that I'm older I'm glad I didn't name my son Hunter because now I really love classic names. Hunter Henry is really cute! Actually my favorite name for a boy today is Joseph. Hunter Joseph.

Hunter is not one of my top choices but I do like it better than the other names my hubby likes. I like surname names and he likes traditional or non-surname names. Holden was my first choice....his was Caleb. Can anyone think of any good compromises??? I hate to give my son a name that I don't just love...Thanks everyone who has offered suggestions...I am definitly reconsidering Hunter but out of ideas at the moment. Please Help!

I just made a new list of occupational names. Have a look: https://nameberry.com/list/307. There are some choices that are a little more unusual and don't have the hunting motif -- which is not the first thing I think of, but it's undeniably there. Miller? Slater?
    Pam Redmond
    Nameberry

Some great compromise ideas there, butterfly. I especially like Callum, which does seem like the perfect compromise between Holden and Caleb. Brilliant!
    Pam Redmond
    Nameberry