Menu

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast

17 Kids and Counting

I don't know if this really qualifies as a "starbaby" but does anybody else ever watch the TLC show 17 kids and counting? They just had their new baby and named it Jordyn-Grace Makiya. All of their kiddo's names start with J - how hard to think of 18 really great names that start with the same letter! I think there are some good ones sprinkled throughout. The other kids are: Joshua, Jana, Jon-David, Jill, Jessa, Jinger, Joseph, Joy-Anna, Jedidah & Jeremiah (twins), Jason, James, Justin, Jackson, Johannah, Jennifer and now Jordyn-Grace. Whoa!!

Re: 17 Kids and Counting

I love the name Jordyn-Grace, but could live without Mikaya, it's kinda strange... I really don't like a lot of the names they have in there (especially Jinger!), but I do like Jackson too. And Joy-Anna is pretty.
    Coming up with 18 J names must have been really tough, but it's because of Jesus... I'm surprised she only had one set of twins! You'd think there would be a lot more...

Blech. Why on earth would you choose to use only one letter if you're going to have that many kids? That has to get so confusing. And Jinger? Is that pronounced like Ginger? Jordyn-Grace Makiya is bad on so many levels to me. Yuck.
    Proud mama to two sweet boys:

Dashiell David Rowe
    and
    Flynn William Warfield

"Real babies are more difficult than ideas of babies... Or even pictures of babies."
    -James Franco

I like Makiya seriously why would you name your kids all starting with the same letter, there is so many beautiful names out there I would be using them hehe

lola Guest

They scare me. And the names have, for the most part, been getting progressively worse as they go. I shudder to think what #19 will be, if they get there. I don't like their "system" much either. Didn't they say once that the whole "theme" was unitentional to start with? Something like the first two got J names just because they liked them and they gave the third a J so it fit in and with #4 they did the same, figuring it was their last.

If I named two with the same letter and figured the third was my last, I still wouldn't give it a name that started the same as the first two, goodness why would I want to?

I think that their names are good. Smitty actually missed a few things out Jana and John-david are twins and in between Joseph and Joy-anna there is a Josiah.

Oops, too may to keep track of!!

This is a great topic. If I had 17 kids and had to give them all names that start with J....hmmm..... Here are my picks:
    Juliet
    Joseph
    James
    Jane
    Jedidiah (see, I'm with them on a few)
    Jessamine
    Jacinta
    Love Josephine and Josiah but too close to Joseph
    Jonathan (definitely starting to feel less inspired)
    Jasmine
    Jacquetta
    Jefferson
    January
    Jupiter
    Jethro
    Jemma (starting to cheat now)
    Jorie
    Joaquin
    Whew! Even have a few left over I could live with: Jill, Jared, Justin. But the gender balance couldn't tip far from what's here.
    Pam Redmond
    Nameberry

Oh, and even forgot Judah, Jules, June, Juniper. I could maybe do this -- the naming part, not the having-17-kids part.
    Pam Redmond
    Nameberry

They totally cheated with "Jinger." It was game-over at that point! And Joy-Anna and Johannah? Way too close.

I once knew a family who had seven kids whose names all started with Br----. When #8 came along, they just gave up the fight and named him James.