Menu

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Rename yourself!

If you could rename yourself, what would you be? Why? Would you keep the same initials, middle name, last name? Here's mine:
    Old names: Melody Joy. I'd change Melody because even my 11-week-old is more musically inclined than I. I'd change Joy because it has put a bit of a strain on me, and I always thought it was an old lady name.
    New Names: (Of course, this is theoretical, because I can't imagine going by another name.) Lucie Addison. I love Lucie spelled that way (but I wouldn't insist on it) and Addison on a girl.
    My hubby's:
    Old Name: Richard. I'd change it because I don't like the nickname Ricky, and almost everyone calls me it.
    New Name: Thomas. I love the nickname Tom.

Re: Rename yourself!

ooh how fun! Well, I'd definitely change my first name, no question about that! I'd keep my middle name though, I love it.

Original First Name: Lyndsay
    New First Name: i have three options, one that my mom was seriously considering naming me, so i always thought of it as something that might have been my name. Elizabeth... I'd probably choose the nickname Libby. The next Lulette, which was my great-grandmother's name and I would have loved to be my name. Last, one that has nothing to do with anything but I just have always thought would fit me oh so well, Scarlett. I'd make the perfect Scarlett.

Original Middle Name: Jenness
    New Middle Name: If for some reason I decided to change my middle name I'd probably pick Faye, because I love it. Or else May for my grandmother.

Last Name: I always wished my last name was Tyler, because it's almost the same as my real last name but a little cooler. Now I'm married and I'd change my last name to Bexley, same story as with Tyler, except this is a lot cooler.

So, hmm, I guess if I had to actually pick one it'd be Scarlett Faye Bexley... that could so totally be my name.
    Proud mama to two sweet boys:

Dashiell David Rowe
    and
    Flynn William Warfield

"Real babies are more difficult than ideas of babies... Or even pictures of babies."
    -James Franco

Wow... about your middle names, my grandmother and her twin sister are Faye and Mae. :) Scarlett Faye Bexley. I like it!

Instead of Chuka Susan, I'd be Susan Grace or Susannah Grace. I love the name Grace because that was my nice aunt's name. Susan means lily and my maternal grandmother was named Lillian Cordelia. But I love being Chuka Susan because I know in my bones that it is my true name. Don't call me Chuka though, please! I just like to see Chuka Susan on my checks and drivers' license.

I'd love to rename myself...my first name is one no one can spell even though it's an old fashioned name.

Original 1st Name: Arrealia - it's a completely different spelling of Aurelia. It's my mom's former best friend's middle name.
    New Name: Deborah- My mom's former friend's 1st name. She told my parents they could use anything but that...she hated being called Debby. I'd rather that than ReeRee anyday.

I would keep my middle name Anne because it came from my grandmother Annabell, who raised me.

On second thought, I guess I would keep it all the same. I was named after some pretty fantastic women. It pays tribute to them the way my daughter's name pays tribute to my mom.

LOL. Been wanting to do that since I was about 10 and got into names.
    My name is Julie Anne Nolan. I like the meaning of my last name and all, but I think my first and middle name is kinda boring.
    So lately I have fallen in love with the name Katrielle Grace Kingston. I know the middle name is almost as common as my real middle name, but I love the flow of it. I adore both my first and last name choices, mostly for meaning, but I like how it sounds together too. Katrielle Kingston.

My name is Kayla Maree and I actually quite like it. I like how Maree is an original spelling and different to the usual Marie although Marie is more feminine. I would change my name to Kate Maree as Kate is more simple and traditional and Kayla is very modern and trendy. Katherine would also be another option for me with the middle name being Grace.

Current name: Julia Faith. This name is ok, but i like names that aren't in the top 100.

New name: Aranea Faith. I love this name (pronounced a-rah-nyah). My aunt always wanted to name a daughter this, but she had only boys. What do you guys think?

Well i have been fairly lucky with my name... It is Emma Maree. I hate my last name though and can't wait to change it!
    I'm not a big fan of being called Em though...
    If i had to change my first name i'd call myself Charlotte nn Charlee cos i love it. Charlotte Georgia i think.

My partner is Brock Curtis and he hates his name. He has always wanted to be Curtis instead or Logan...(which we named our son.) Luckily i was able to talk him out of Caspar.

Octavia Violet Wellington.
    I was going to be an Octavia, Violet is not as overused as my current middle name (but is still a floral name, and also honors various family members), and I just love the last name Wellington for some reason.