Menu

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Help with Girl Name

My husband and I are having a hard time deciding on a girl name. Here is what we have narrowed it down to...

Dylan Louise (Grace)
    Emery Elizabeth
    Hailey Grace

Boy name is William.

Let me know what you think!

Re: Help with Girl Name

Well....although there are girls named Dylan, it still seems odd to me. Emery is pretty. Hailey is just too popular, or was too popular. So, out of your choices, Emery is my favorite.

I love the names Catherine, Cecilia, Anna, Charlotte, Victoria, Julia, and Laurel with William. I could think of a bunch more. William is such a classic name-it is one of my very favorites!

I love Emory, but with the middle name Elizabeth I'm afraid it reminds me of the girl on "Clifford the big red dog".

I think Dylan is fresh and fun on a girl, and Emery is charming as well. But I'm with the others-- Hailey is too done.

I really like Dylan. That would be my choice. . . it's cute with William.

I absolutely love love Emery - it is a family name for me and one of my faves. I don't mind Emery Elizabeth but think that Emery Grace would be my pick of your selections. What do you think about Emery Alice, Emery Claire, Emery Anne, or Emery Cate?

Does anyone think Emery, though adorable, will often be misunderstood as a bad mispronunciation of Emily -- or will often be misspelled Emory, Amery etc? As the mom of a child with a similar name, I can tell you that this gets extremely annoying. Also, interesting that your boy name is so classic while your girl names are not -- do you not like more classic girl names such as some of the suggestions above or your middle name choices such as Grace?
    Pam Redmond
    Nameberry

I could see the name Emery being mispronounced or spelled wrong but for me my biggest thing would be that people would think baby is a boy (which it could be, I think it is a boys name). That is why I like it best paired with more girly middle names.

Angie Harmon and Jason Sehorn just named their daughter Emery Hope. So there will probably be more little Emerys around.
    Pam Redmond
    Nameberry