Menu

Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 ... LastLast

My pets and why they have their names...

Since that post on people names becoming pet names, I've thought about my numerous pets.
    Austen (after Jane) and Bronte (after Charlotte) are my canaries. Though they are females, we call them Ozzi and Bro.
    Maxwell Smart (after the old TV show we love) is our bulldog. We call him Max, much to the consternation of my cousin, my sister's boyfriend, and my son's best friend (all named Max).
    Lewis and Clark are our sojourning cats. They were named after Meriwether and William, of course.
    Valencia and Naranja are our goldfish. Valencia is a type of orange and Naranja is 'orange' in Spanish.
    I don't treat my animals like humans (and I certainly don't name them like humans either!). But naming them gives me more freedom than naming a real child would.

Re: My pets and why they have their names...

My pets have pretty unusual names. My dog Loki is named after the norse god of mischief. Originally I wanted to name him Charlie and my sister wanted to name him Toby, so my mom picked the name. At first I hated it but know it fits him. My hamster is Maleficent nn Mallie because when we first got her se bit. now she doesn't, but we only call her by her nn anyway.

My cat is Dakota Grace
    Dakota- means friend

My ravishing black Lab mix (Chow) is named Roxanne Louise. My adorable grey striped kitty is named Mokie, and in case you didn't know, he is King of the Universe. He is even cuter than Colin Firth, too!

Cuter than Colin Firth? No! How is it possible? :)

My cats are Tufty and Cubbles
    My dog is Hamlet (Boston Terrier - snorts a lot - sounds and looks like a little pig - husband said "no" to Piglet, so we went with Ham to substitute with Pig, hence, Hamlet)

lola Guest

We've got one cat, an orange & white shorthair. Named Sam.

My kitty's name is Kennedy a name I love but would never use on a person. My husband just calls her Chunky though :)

My Maine Coon cat's name is Emily Anne Charlotte. I was nine at the time and thought it'd be cute to name her after the Bront sisters because I love their books. She's 14 now and just a peach.

My cat is Boo. She was either going to be Boo or Shorty, and I decided that I liked Boo more for the To Kill a Mockingbird connection.