Menu

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Need help with a girl's middle name

We are thinking of naming our little bundle Gemma (she is due in May). Our last name is Goldman. I'm stuck, however, on a middle name and would love some suggestions. I was thinking of "Grace" and using the nickname "Gigi" as all her initials would be G's. Grace is so popular, however. "Rose" is lovely, but again, a little too popular for my taste. Any suggestions? Thank you in advance!!

Re: Need help with a girl's middle name

Gemma is a great choice. I won't use another G name as a middle name - as she's already a GG then you don't need another G to get the Gigi nickname. Both Grace and Rose are well-used middle names, and before settling on either, I would look at some of the more unusual alternatives.

If you want a 1 syllable middle name:
    Gemma Blanche
    Gemma Brooke
    Gemma Claire
    Gemma Fern
    Gemma Niamh (neev)
    Gemma Pearl
    Gemma Ruth

You could also use a longer form of Rose eg Rosemary, Rosalie, Rosamund or Rosalind.

Some other middle names:
    Gemma Isabel
    Gemma Natalie
    Gemma Cordelia
    Gemma Sophie
    Gemma Louisa
    Gemma Harriet
    Gemma Penelope

Gemma Claire, Gemma Louise, I like Gemma Fern, too. Gemma Paige, Gemma Avalon, Gemma Lillias, Gemma Clementine (maybe too many "m" sounds), Gemma Eve, Gemma Vivian, Gemma Faith ( I love that name!), Gemma Iris, Gemma Rosemary, Gemma Rebecca, Gemma Delphina, Gemma Valentine, Gemma Ruth, Gemma Cameron.
    Now that I look at unoriginal's choices (I do find them very original and good!), I see that I have repeated many of her choices. I also love Gemma Penelope, Harriet, Cordelia, Pearl, and Brooke, especially. Penelope is one of my faves. I just thought of Gemma Catherine and Gemma Cathleen. "C" is softer to me than "K" and goes nicely with "G" in your first and last names. Also "C" is rounded like a circle and so visually I like it with the "Gs". Yes, I know that I am obsessed! I love words and letters so much.

I love Niamh -- I never would have thought of that! Thank you! That is going on my short list! I would welcome more suggestions from all of you, as I'm a newbie and love reading everyone's posts and replies.

I really like Gemma Catherine as well -- That is another good one! Thank you!

Gemma Niamh- Perfect! Since the middle name is a place to go wilder, the spelling of Niamh is great! I love Gaelic names because you spell them one way and say them another.
    Gemma Margo(t) and
    Gemma Rochelle
    are my suggestions. Good luck!

This is too funny. I looooooove the name Gemma and our last name is Garman, so I will be in the same position (although this is my second choice for a girl name). I am Irish, so I like the middle names Kaileen, Clare, and Rhiannon. Good luck!

I love Gemma. The other's suggestions of Gemma Claire and Gemma Catherine are very pretty. What about: Gemma Bliss, Gemma Cady or Gemma Lenore?

ooh, I second Gemma Bliss... that combo has actually been on my list for a while!
    Proud mama to two sweet boys:

Dashiell David Rowe
    and
    Flynn William Warfield

"Real babies are more difficult than ideas of babies... Or even pictures of babies."
    -James Franco