Menu

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Sister for Emilia Violet!

I'm not pregnant, but my sister is and she doesn't have compter access, so she allowed me to post this for her. She is pregnant with a baby girl and already has a three year old, Emilia Violet, who goes by Emmi or Mia.
    Her top choices right now:
    Annabel (Anna)
    Abigail (Abby)
    Adelaide (Addie)
    She really likes the middle name Juliet. Any comments or suggestions would be nice!

Re: Sister for Emilia Violet!

First of all, Emilia Violet is adorable! I wouldn't use Abigail just because it's so common these days. Adelaide is great and Addie is such a cute nickname. I think Annabel is my favorite, just because I've really been liking all the Anna- names lately, plus it has more nickname options than the others (Anna, Annie, Belle, Bella), like how Emilia has Emmi and Mia. Juliet is a beautiful middle name and sounds great with all the names, especially Annabel, followed by Abigail, in my opinion.
    Proud mama to two sweet boys:

Dashiell David Rowe
    and
    Flynn William Warfield

"Real babies are more difficult than ideas of babies... Or even pictures of babies."
    -James Franco

Wow she has such great choices and they all sound like a perfect match for Emilia Violet! My favorites are:

Annabel Juliet
    Adelaide Juliet

All the best!

Wow she has such great choices and they all sound like a perfect match for Emilia Violet! My favorites are:

Annabel Juliet
    Adelaide Juliet

All the best!

Just wondering, does Annabella Juliet flow better than Annabel Juliet? She likes Anabel (Anna) and Adelaide (Addie) right now, but is still set on Juliet as a middle name. She has also mentioned the name Cecilia, but does that go okay with Emilia?

I think Cecelia and Emilia rhyme too much, although both are lovely on their own. Like everyone else here, I approve of Adelaide Juliet and Annabel Juliet. Annabella Juliet might flow a little better, but I don't like Annabella as much as Annabel. The extra -a at the end makes Annabella sound too insubstantial to me...but that is partly just my taste; others call that same quality "airy"!

Emilia Violet is gorgeous, first off. Secondly, I really like Annabel. It keeps the same old-fashioned femininity and familiar-but-not feel. I think Annabella is too frilly. As well, Addy is so popular, except for Addison, and I would not want the lovely Adelaide to get confused with it. Annabel Juliet is beautiful, and definitely my favorite from this list. If she wants Cecilia, Annabel Cecilia or Annabel Celia would be really nice too.

How about Adela Juliet? You have the same cute Addie nickname, and it goes beautifully with Emilia.

My sister had her baby! A baby girl named Annabel Juliet.

congratulations! love the name. If you send us a picture at pam@nameberry.com we'd love to write about her on our blog!
    Pam Redmond
    Nameberry