Menu

Girls are so hard to name!!

We've picked a name out if it's a boy (Henry). I just can NOT come up with a girl name. Here are some I like. Feel free to mix and match if you have any suggestions. Our last name is 3 syllables, starts with a "W", and ends in -er.

Elizabeth Jane (too plain? I like Elizabeth but I really dislike "Beth". We would probably call her Izzy or Libby)
    Katherine (the only nickname I like is Kate)
    Louisa
    Rose Caroline
    Rose Eleanor
    Grace Audrey
    Frances
    Julia
    Ella
    Eloise
    Naomi
    Anna/Anne
    Charlotte (middle name only)

Help please! :)

Re: Girls are so hard to name!!

AUDREY GRACE OR ELLA ROSE?? I THINK A ONE OR TWO SYLLABLE FIRST NAME GOES BETTER WITH YOUR LAST NAME...2,1,3 SOUNDS GOOD AS WELL AS 1,2,3....

I think Elizabeth and Katherine might be too long and consonant rich with your last name. I have heard Kate used as a middle name, and I like it! Rose, Eloise, Julia, Grace, Frances, and Anna all sound great to me. For some reason I have never been partial to the name Naomi, but my husband loves it! Ella is very popular right now, but if you love it, use it. Ann/Anne makes a good middle name but is less fashionable than Anna right now. Love Charlotte! So...I think your last name might be Waggoner or something like that, so here are some name combos:
    Eliza Jane
    Eloise Grace, Eloise Faith
    Julia Anne, Julia Rose, Julia Frances, Julia Charlotte
    Grace Evelyn (hope you like this middle name, I thought it sounded great with Grace and your last name. If your last name has the "g" sound in it, then Evelyn is very soft between the two names.)
    Frances Jane, Frances Kate
    Anna Kathleen (shorter than Katherine), Anna Cathleen, Anna Charlotte, Anna Katherine, Anna Catherine (one of my all-time faves!)
    Ella Catherine

I love almost all the names on your list, so I'll just say what I think sounds best with your last name.
    Elizabeth Jane- I don't think it's too plain at all, classic and beautiful if you ask me. Libby is a great nickname and goes well with your last name.
    Katherine Anne- this is my mom's name, so i'm biased.
    Katherine Grace, Katherine Rose- both sound pretty and i LOVE the nickname Kate. If you'd be calling her Kate exclusively, I think Kate Rose sounds best.
    Anna Charlotte- I really like Anna with your last name, plus, she'd get the best of both worlds when teachers go in alphabetical order (some do by first name, some by last!)
    Anna Katherine- I like this equally as much as Anna Charlotte, maybe a little bit more.

Now, I know you don't have Eleanor on your list anymore, except once in the middle. But i think since you've always wanted a daughter named that, you should try to make it work somehow. i think Eleanora is such a lovely option. And the fact that it hasn't been in the top 1000 since 1939, while Eleanor is at number 271 would just make her stand out. Some ideas:
    Eleanora Jane
    Eleanora Grace
    Eleanora Rose
    Eleanora Kate
    Proud mama to two sweet boys:

Dashiell David Rowe
    and
    Flynn William Warfield

"Real babies are more difficult than ideas of babies... Or even pictures of babies."
    -James Franco

If you wanted to use Eleanor as a middle name, I think Rose Eleanor, Grace Eleanor and Frances Eleanor are pretty.

My favorite is Ella... other ones I like: Audrey, Julia, Charlotte.

I adore most of the names on your list ... particularly Charlotte and Eleanor. Imho, here's how I like them paired (in no particular order):

Eleanor Charlotte (love this!)
    Julia Frances
    Naomi Rose
    Audrey Caroline
    Louisa Katherine

Good luck!