Menu

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Somebody help!

Somebody help!

We are 2 weeks from due date, and don't feel convicted about any name. Sex is unknown, so we need both. Last name is Morrissey, big sister is Norah Elizabeth. Here are some from my list, but we have zero concensus, and an overall lack of enthusiasm about the names, but we realize it is an important decision. i think we're just tired.

girls:
    cate
    quinn
    madeline
    maeve (husband doesn't like it)
    claire (husband says "it's a fat girls name"...breakfast club)

boys:
    nolan james
    griffin james
    andrew james (called drew)

any feedback would be awesome. i would feel terrible to give the baby a name and wake up refreshed in 6 months and realize i was being lazy and didn't give it enough thought.

Re: Somebody help!

Norah and Maeve would make a beautiful sibset. And what about Clara as an alternative to Claire? Don't personally like Quinn as its gender neutral and Norah isn't...

All your boy names are classic - you can't go wrong!

I KNOW WHAT YOU MEAN ...I CAN'T DECIDE ON A NAME THAT I JUST REALLY LOVE FOR THE LIFE OF ME...LOL...SO OUT OF YOUR GIRLS NAMES I LOVE QUINN OR KATE...BUT ALSO THOUGHT OF NINA FOR SOME REASON...JUST THOUGHT I'D THROW THAT OUT THERE AND FOR A BOY I LOVE THE NAME GRIFFIN( ALTHOUGH MY HUBBY HAS VETOED IT FOR ME BECAUSE HE SAYS IT IS THE NAME OF SOME SORT OF MYTHICAL BEAST...LOL) MY SECOND FAV. OF YOUR BOYS NAMES IS ANDREW....GOOD LUCK! POST WHEN YOU DECIDE

I think Norah and Nolan might be too close for siblings.

I LOVE Griffin though and think Finn is a darling nickname. :)

I agree that Norah and Nolan are too close, but think your other two boys' names are great. I love Norah and Maeve too but your husband needs to be on board. I think Norah and Cate are very cute, especially since both have a spelling quirk that's still classic -- cute. A couple of other out-of-the-box ideas: Celia, Juliet, Lucia, or Hope....that you have a boy!
    Pam Redmond
    Nameberry

I really like Nolan and Griffin. My favorite girls name from your list is Madeline, but I prefer it pronounced like Mad-uh-lyn. Other girl name suggestions:

Amelia
    Annabelle
    Bianca
    Cora/Coral/Coralie
    Danica
    Eliza
    Ella
    Emmeline
    Felicity
    Gabrielle/Gabriella
    Hannah
    Isabella
    Isla
    Julia/Julianne/Juliana
    Linnea
    Laurel
    Mattea
    Miranda
    Melina
    Natalia
    Naomi
    Noelle
    Selah
    Simone
    Sariah
    Tamar
    Victoria
    Veronica

I love Andrew and Griffin for boys. The nicknames Drew and Finn are adorable. Cate is a wonderful name for a girl, but I would name her Catherine or Cathleen. Madeleine helps insure the Mad-uh-linn pronounciation. I love Celia but would use Cecilia for her full name. Lucia (Lucy) is a great idea. What about Maisie, short for Margaret? What about Tamsin?

What great names. I esp. love Cate and Drew. But I also find myself a fan of Quinn, Maeve and Nolan (although I agree that Nolan does not work with Norah).

For you, I think Maeve Cathleen (Maeve or Cate) for Norah's little sister and Griffin James (Griffin or Finn) for her brother.

I love Griffin. Drew is my second favorite. I think Maeve or Claire would work wonderfully with Norah.
    :: o l i v e ::

I disagree totally-- I think Nolan and Norah sound great together, like a matched set. Nolan's unusual but not bizarre. Of course, it probably helps that I know a very handsome Nolan. :) I think the other two boys' names are a bit overdone.