View Poll Results: What do you think of these ideas?

Voters
16. You may not vote on this poll
  • I support the idea of notifications for tagging and quoting

16 100.00%
  • I do not support the idea of notifications for tagging and quoting

0 0%
  • I support the idea of beng able to give +1s on posts

7 43.75%
  • I do not support the idea of being able to give +1s on posts

4 25.00%
Multiple Choice Poll.

ideas for forum improvement - do you agree?

I had some ideas for improving the forums and didn't want to post multiple threads.

1. Notify posters when they're tagged or quoted.

So, if someone tagged me - "@morning_glory" - or quoted one of my posts in replying to it, I'd get a notification. This would make suggeston threads etc. so much more interesting - currently I have to check for any feedback by finding and returning to the original thread, which is time-consuming and inefficient.

2. Introduce a +1 system, like on The Student Room.

There, if you think someone has made a particularly good/funny/relevant contribution, you can give it a 'thumbs-up' - this is displayed on the post, showing how many people have "repped" (=given reputation points to) it, pretty similar to the Facebook 'like'.

This would be even better if users could 'accumulate' such 'approval points', meaning that it would be easier to identify regular, well-established, and helpful posters than simply checking to see whether they're a senior/normal/junior member.

What do people think?
    "The sweetest thing in all my life has been the longing ... to find the place where all the beauty came from."
    - C.S. Lewis, Till We Have Faces

Student, writer, and hockey player. Lover of lemon curd, the sea, fountain pens, Rosemary Sutcliff, countryside walks, poetry, forget-me-nots, period films like Cranford, rainy days, and all things traditional English.

Vote on my forum improvement thread - https://nameberry.com/nametalk/threa...t-do-you-agree

I completely agree!
    I literally have to keep tabs open for even 2 days and keep reloading thhem to see if I've got a reply to a post
    And the +1 system is quite nice, sometimes posters spend a lot of time and research on their reply and get no credit for their hard work, this could change that
    celia-
    greek teenberry

Annelie Neve (Neh-vay) Alessia Noelle Emilia Opal Esther Amelia
    Esme Theresa Irelyn Elise Nessa Beatrice Novalie Katya Taina Joy
    Winter Olivia Marlene Tove Maja Juliet Erica Olive Elliot Shay
    Lukas Oliver Elias Harry Lars Nolan Emil Wyatt
    Isak (Ee-sock) Miles Mathias Jake Lance Willem Marcel Clyde