Menu

Page 154 of 260 FirstFirst ... 54 104 144 152 153 154 155 156 164 204 254 ... LastLast
    Diora - There is an actress named Diora Baird and I think her name is lovely.

Miriana - In March you wrote about the name Miriana on your site. "Miriana – From Sweden let’s go to Lake Como, Italy, where DesignMom’s latest Living with Kids house tour profiled a family of five. Their younger kids’ names would be right at home in the US – son Noa and daughter Zoe. But the name of their firstborn is the stunningly different Miriana. She seems to be a recent Italian innovation, a twist on Miriam, Mary Ann, and Marianna."
    Last edited by jessicark467; April 12th, 2015 at 09:26 PM.
    Imara Ophelia ♥ Freya Anastasia ♥ Serena Vivienne ♥ Thea Alexandra
    Emiliana Vale ♥ Francesca Amelia ♥ Aurelia Evelyn ♥ Isadora Camellia
    Diora Eden ♥ Clea Viviana ♥ Theodora Amalia ♥ Alessandra Athena
    Wilhelmina (Willa) Giselle ♥ Zara Cordelia ♥ Priya Elizabeth

Theo Vaughn ♥ Vaughn Alexander ♥ Leo Carter ♥ Owen Jameson
    Griffin James ♥ Victor Donovan ♥ Trenton Connor ♥ Carter Evan
    William Maxwell ♥ Penn Jameson ♥ Nathaniel Charles ♥ Mercer Alexander

Reya

Some say it's derived from the Sanskrit Riya, but it could also be a variation of Rhea, or even the female variation of Rey.
    Just a momma and her cubs
    Emery, Olive, Bonnie & Rowan

McKay? A family friend recently used this for her baby, and nothing came up when I searched for it here. I looked on the Social Security website, it isn't in the top 1000 anywhere. It's fairly common in my area (I can think of 2 adult Mckay's, one baby, and someone else with it as a middle name) but I think it's because it's the surname of some historically important people around here.

Edelweiss - floral name. Although uncommon, it is the given name of Ven. Edel Quinn of the catholic faith.
    Mommy to Konrad Wolfgang '13 and Louisa Marie '16
    Hildy - Zelda - Mabel - Frida - Greta - Rosemary - Veronika - Edelweiss
    Frederick "Fritz" - Hugo - Alaric - Kai - Cormac - Arlo - Rex - Oskar - Abel

Avonlea - the fictional Canadian town where the novel Anne of Green Gables takes place. While I have not personally met an Avonlea, I have heard of it being used as a name. L.M. Montgomery fans might consider Avonlea as a lovely tribute to Anne of Green Gables, particularly if they prefer more uncommon names than Anne.

Aurélie - Nameberry already has Aurelie, but the proper French spelling has an accent over the first "e".