Menu

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Sister for Julia

What girl names sound best with Julia?

Thanks!

Re: Sister for Julia

Julia is such a beautiful, classic name! Katherine/Catherine, Alice, Anna, Beatrice, Cecily/Cecilia, Eleanor, Elizabeth, Frances, Georgia, Isabella (popular), Josephine, Lucy, Laurel, Madeline (very popular), Olivia (very popular-watch out!), Natalie (popular, too), Susannah, Claudia, Victoria, Veronica, Vivian, and Claire/Clara come to my mind as being classic names that could go well with Julia. Maybe even Penelope because I like it so much. I would probably choose Anna or Alice because I am wild about those two names this morning! I also love Beatrice and Josephine.

I love nearly all of susan's suggestions, they all sound great with Julia. You could pair Julia with nearly anything and it would work.
    Proud mama to two sweet boys:

Dashiell David Rowe
    and
    Flynn William Warfield

"Real babies are more difficult than ideas of babies... Or even pictures of babies."
    -James Franco

more extremely popular choices to go with Julia: Sophia, Emma, Emily, and Charlotte. Charlotte isn't as popular as the others but it's moving up in the charts. Personally I prefer to use less popular names. But my name was extremely popular in my time and I love it. I never get tired of it, people usually know how to say and spell it. Sometimes they want to call me Suzanne or Sue or Susie, but I say, "It's Susan!" I also thought of Caroline which is not so popular now. Some people think it sounds kind of dated, but I really like it! The name Julia is very beautiful and not overdone so maybe you would like something less popular.

I like Josephine. But, is using the same letter J outdated?

One way to look for names that "go with" another name is to check what nameberry lists the first name is on, and look through those. Here are the lists that include Julia:

* Girls Names That Are Trendier Than Youd Guess
    * Classic but Not Boring Names for Girls
    * Coolator for Girls' Names
    * Good Girls
    * Yupster Names for Girls
    * Classic Baby Names
    Pam Redmond
    Nameberry

Thanks Pam.

Curious what your expert picks would be?

And, curious on people's thoughts on Chiara.

Thanks!

How would you pronounce Chiara? Like Kiera?

Ch-ee-ar-a

I'm also considering Anabel. Any thoughts?

Hmmm, well, I have the feeling that what you're REALLY asking is what's a more exotic, unusual name that still "goes with" Julia? Chiara -- which would be pronounced kee-AHR-ah -- is truly lovely but definitely more exotic than Julia. Though in my opinion, they are definitely compatible perhaps the way two friends from different countries can still be totally in synch. Names that might be more obvious matches but that still are a bit more unusual include Eliza, Flora, Louisa, Susannah, and Helena. Charlotte is definitely a very good match and the English forms of Chiara, Claire or Clara, work too, but more on the same popularity level as the beautiful Julia.
    Pam Redmond
    Nameberry