Menu

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Vote on our baby name

We're having a boy, our last name is Stein and we need your advice. Here's what we're thinking so far. Suggestions are more than welcome. Thanks so much:

axel stein
    edison stein
    emmett stein
    everett stein
    ezra stein
    gideon stein
    griffin stein
    isaac stein
    judah stein
    lazlo stein
    levi stein
    nolan stein
    oliver stein
    sigmund stein
    solomon stein
    zed stein

Re: Vote on our baby name

A lot of these names are really great, and I love them with your last name: Oliver, Gideon, Ezra, Isaac, and Laszlo Stein all are wonderful. I don't like the meaning of Emmett, but it is a nice-sounding name. Emmett means ant, I think. Check it out if it matters to you. Let's see if I like anything else...Archer, Basil, Clive, Dashiel, Henry, Elijah, Julian, Adrian, Solomon (maybe that's already on your list), Miles, Theodore (Theo), Milo, and Noah (sorry, I know it's trendy, but I like it with Stein plus it's really cute!), and Zane. All of the endings of the names I suggested sound good with Stein I think, except Miles ends in a soft "s" sound which kind of slurs into the beginning of Stein. It's a matter of taste. Personally I would have the end of the name work well with the beginning of the last name because he'll have to say it his whole life.

Great names! I really like:

Judah Stein
    Levi Stein
    Gideon Stein
    Isaac Stein
    Oliver Stein
    Edison Stein

Fantasic names!

lola Guest

You have some really great choices here, the best of (In my humble opinion) are:

everett stein
    ezra stein
    gideon stein
    judah stein
    lazlo stein
    levi stein
    oliver stein
    sigmund stein

Judah, Laszlo, Oliver & Sigmund are my favorites. Laszlo figures on my own lists, I think he's aces! Judah Stein sounds like a Pulizer winning author to me, Levi Stein could be a Wall Street high roller and Sigmund Stein (I'd call him Iggy) could be the hottest new artist on the scene in thirty years! Oliver's probably the tamest on your list, he gives me good vibes but I don't get anything awesome from him. He just is lovely.

Really wonderful list, whatever you end up choosing will be wonderful, I'm sure! :)

You have some great choices here - my favourites are Ezra, Isaac, Judah, Levi (this one is great) and Oliver. I would avoid names ending with an -n as you have a fairly 'n' heavy surname. Whilst I like Sigmund and Solomon, I feel they are too 's' heavy and sibilant with Stein.

Everett Stein gets my vote!

Everett Stein gets my vote!

I'm loving Oliver.

saw your article. Since you live in N.Y., my vote is for Laszlo. Oliver is way too common for you I think. But it would be my top pick if my last name were Stein because I will never live in N.Y so I can get away with a too common name. I would say pick anything that sounds fun and frisky as long as it's not too trendy or too strange. For example Sigmund is great! A lot of your choices are wonderful. I don't like Axel though, sorry. It seems very hard-edged.

Edison or Everett gets my vote! I love Edison because it has the nn Eddie!