Menu

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Twin Girls - help please

Hi everyone

I have 3 children: Matthew James (7), Noah William (5) and Ava Grace (2). I am expecting twin girls :) who are due in 4 weeks. These are the names we like:

Gabrielle
    Chloe
    Scarlett
    Annika
    Caitlin
    Hayley
    Jasmine
    Isabelle
    Dominique
    Charlotte
    Madeleine
    Yasmine

We would love your thoughts on these names and any other suggestions you can offer. Twin combinations would be great too. We would like their names to 'match' our other children...nothing random like London or anything :-)

Thanks xxx

Re: Twin Girls - help please

Ok, I'm an old fashioned, classic girl and it looks like by your other children's names, you are too. I have to say, I love Isabelle & Madeline. Two very classic, sophisticated names. As far as "twin names", Scarlett & Charlotte would be cute. I'd just get too tongue tied calling them when they get older if they were mine. Good Luck!

I like Isabelle and Gabrielle for twins if you want them to match at all.
    But I also like Madeline...I think Madeline and Gabrielle would fit nicely together with the other childrens names.

I love the names Annika, Madeleine, and Charlotte. Caitlin and all its various spellings is a beautiful name but there are so many little Caitlins, etc. running around. Isabelle and Hailey are really pretty, but also really popular. Scarlett would be fun. Some other suggestions are Anna, Celeste, Evelyn (the new Madeleine-type name), Cecily, Leila (just heard that at a two-year-old birthday party and liked it), Claire, Lily/Lillian, and Eleanor (Ellie for short-darling). Of course, you have to think about where you live because if you live in say, Manhattan, there are some names that are so hot there that many of us aren't even aware of them yet. If you live in the Midwest, then you can use the more popular names and they are still very stylish. I recently lived in Colorado which had many Caitlins, Haileys, Emmas, etc. Now I live in a part of L.A. where I recently heard the name Evelyn at a very stylish park.

bostonian girl Guest

Hmm...very interesting...personally I like Gabrielle and Annika (maybe they could be nicknamed Gabi and Anni). Most others probably would think these didn't match in any way, but they both have three syllables, so there's one "matching" element. I used to think I'd automatically give twins alliterative names, but not necessarily anymore. For me, the alliterative factor would be an incidental thing. If I were lucky enough to have twin girls, I'd name them Susina and Skye, just because I really love those two names and they are both unusual -- i.e. you aren't too likely to hear stories of three or four classmates with the same name in a few years. I think a lot of your choices fit that criterion too, with a few exceptions (there are lots of little Haydens/Haylies/etc. out there). Trendy names drive me nuts. Seems to me every third kid is named Taylor! Kudos to you for wanting to avoid that trap. I hope you will post when the twins are born and you've made the final choices.

You could do Charlotte and Chloe for some similiarity (Ch) yet different in length and sound. I think for twins its nice to have something that connects the names to make it special but not make it too obvious. Another option is to choose two French names...you have a lot to choose from....the connection being the origin/variation yet the names being different in every other sense. I also like the suggestion given for Annika and Gabrielle if you are into the nicknames Anni and Gabi, that could be cute. I think Annika is a nice choice since its not common. I agree to avoid Hayley and Caitlyn...and go with either classic or not too common choices.

I would maybe consider Jessamine or Jessamyn instead of Jasmine.

I don't know if you read "Interesting Twins" thread but someone posted on the best twin girl names she's heard: Anika and Lily, which I think is really lovely. I do like Annika with two n's though. A nice option to consider is having the middle names connect rather than the first names, like having the middle names be French, such as Annika Gabrielle and Chloe Isabelle.

Best of luck with your final decision!

My favorite combos are Gabrielle Madeleine and Isabelle Charlotte.

I adore the name Chloe but I think the long "O" sound could be confusing with a Noah in the house. I think Charlotte and Madeline are lovely together.