Menu

I need a boys/girls name that works with Jemima and Eloise..

I am shortly going to have my 3rd. We don't know if its a boy or a girl but I have no names for either!
    Our daughters are Jemima Rose and Eloise Grace.
    Possible names are
    - Alexander / Alexandra
    - Toby
    - Gwenyth
    - Felix

But I'm just not sure. With Jemima and Eloise the choice was so easy and my boys names I've had have been taken by various nephews/close friends (not intentionally, we have kept our 'names' to ourselves - so good on them for choosing such lovely names!)
    I feel a bit mean, we were so excited about our girls names and have now 'run out' and boys names are so tricky.
    Please suggest away!!!! Also please not we have a fairly complicated surname so we don't want anything that needs to be spelt out.
    Thanks all!!!

Re: I need a boys/girls name that works with Jemima and Eloise..

I think Felix is a great fit with Eloise and Jemima - you could do something like Felix James, to keep with the one-syllable middle name trend you've got going. Other possibilities:

Adelle
    Clara
    Beatrice
    Estelle
    Audrey/Audra
    Lucy
    Cecilia
    Genevieve
    Aurelia
    Lavinia

Charles/Charlie
    Julian
    Dominic
    Simon
    Benedict
    Ezra
    Sebastian
    Hugo
    Tobias, as a longer form of Toby
    Jasper
    Ansel
    Roman
    Edmund

You have some great boys names here - I think Toby and Felix fit best with Jemima and Eloise - Alexander (and -ra) are a little close to the 'El' of Eloise. Short and simple middle names that fit with Felix and Toby include James, John, Andrew, Luke, Charles, Simon and Robert.

I think that if you want a name that you don't want to spell out then Gwenyth is probably not the way to go - the usual spelling is Gwyneth, and even that is a little difficult to spell correctly. Gwen may be a simple solution.

Some girls names:
    Annika
    Caroline
    Demelza
    Fiona
    Ivy
    Lydia
    Maeve
    Nora
    Phoebe
    Sabina

Some boys names:
    Adrian
    Colin
    Douglas
    Finn(tan/ian/barr)
    Hugh/Hugo
    Jude
    Leo
    Owen
    Theodore

Felix is really good. And since Alexander/Alexandra is so popular right now, it doesn't fit that well with offbeat, rhythmic choices like Jemima and Eloise. Lydia is the best, in my opinion, for a girl: it sounds lasting, serious yet fun, and flows with the others. Good luck!

Your daughter's name is Eloise? I'm so thrilled to find someone! I've recently fallen in love with the name Eloise but can't find anyone who has used it or has an opinion on it. Do you call her by a nickname? What kinds of reactions do you get to the name?

Hi there.
    I get so many positive reactions to both Jemima and Eloise. Jemima gets Jem and Mim and we tend to call her mima. Eloise is the youngest for the moment so she still gets Eloise mostly but I'm tending to Ellie and hubbie calls her loulou (lou lou did another poo poo is so often sung by daddy and Jem!)
    Our hard and fast rule with names thus far has been to go with names where we like all the variations as people tend to shorten them for you.

Lou Lou is so cute for Eloise. When I told my sister we were thinking about Eloise, she said that she'd call her "Wheezy." To each his own, I guess. :)

Which leads me to another question. Do you pronounce it El-oh-eeze or El-lou-wheeze?

Jemima, Eloise, and...
    boys: Milo, Noah (sorry, I know it's popular), Andreas, Edward, Samuel, Crispin, Dashiel, Ezra, Isaac, Theodore (Theo)

girls: Giselle (Gigi for short), Celeste, Francesca (Francie for short), Iris, Penelope, Honor, Olive

love your choices of Felix, Toby and Gwyneth.