Menu

Thread: Felix

Felix

What does everyone think of Gillian Anderson's choice of Felix for her new baby boy? She was kind of ahead of the curve with her other two kids--Piper and Oscar.

Re: Felix

I like Felix.

I'm outrageously amused that it's an anagram of X-file. I wonder if that was on purpose? Probably not.

lola Guest

I really like Felix (I like Oscar even more!) but given her age (She's 40!), no one can tell me she didn't once think "The Odd Couple" when considering Felix!

I like Felix. A friend at work has a friend who named her son Felix. It's different, but also has a classic feel. I think the Oscar Felix pairing is cute.

I love Felix, I love all of her names actually. I think they all go perfectly together. It's a shame about the odd couple thing, but Felix and Oscar really do go great together, which is probably why those were the names chosen for the odd couple in the first place
    Proud mama to two sweet boys:

Dashiell David Rowe
    and
    Flynn William Warfield

"Real babies are more difficult than ideas of babies... Or even pictures of babies."
    -James Franco

OMG! I hadn't realized before that it was an anagram of X-file...whether or not that was the real reason, I am also now irrationally amused by that :)

Quote Originally Posted by gtlawgirl
    OMG! I hadn't realized before that it was an anagram of X-file...whether or not that was the real reason, I am also now irrationally amused by that :)
    me, too!
    I just named my hand-made, folk art, stuffed animal kitty from Oaxaca Felix and I must say, it is a wonderful name. I don't get tired of it and it is fun to say. Felix is a name with a lot of warm, fun energy and verve. The fact that it's an anagram of X-file makes it even more fun in an otherworldly sort of way!

I wanted to name our youngest son, who ended up as Owen, Felix, but it was one of those names that got lots of horrified looks and comments from other people. I still kind of miss it!
    Pam Redmond
    Nameberry