Menu

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Names for a girl

Hi everyone! We're having a baby girl and we can't decide on her name, we've managed to narrow it down to these 3: Freya, Georgia and Isla. Which is your favourite? Big sister's name is Imogen if it helps. Thanks!

Re: Names for a girl

Personally I like Freya but all of them sound good!

lola Guest

With Imogen, I like Freya. I want to say Georgia, as I like that better but Imogen & Georgia are a bit too 'g' heavy for me. Imogen & Freya are easier to say and I quite like them together as well! I like Isla as well but fear it's trendy and will possibly feel dated before she's much past 20. Imogen & Freya het my vote, easily!

I agree -- plus I think with Imogen and Isla, you're pretty much stuck with I names forever!
    Pam Redmond
    Nameberry

lola Guest

Not to argue but I wouldn't say stuck with I's. :D Two does not make a theme, to me. Imogen, Isla & say, Ivy would lead me to name a fourth with an I (oh my, what would that be? Iris? Ianthe? for a boy? easy, Ishmael!) But I still think Imogen & Freya flow best together, both strong & independently stunning.

It's actually amazing how many good I names there are! But you can run into a wall if you start with the "wrong" letter....
    Pam Redmond
    Nameberry

I love Imogen and I think Freya is a lovely name. Gerogia and Isla are good choices, but, to my ears, Georgia sounds very American next to Imogen. Isla is pretty, but I don't like the same starting letter for both kids' names. My brother and I are both Rs and my aunt used names that begin with T for both her daughters. It's a big alphabet; I say mix it up.

I did like the name Ianthe mentioned in a previous post.

Freya is so pretty! It goes well with Imogen. You might want another Shakespeare name like Katharina (Kate, Taming of the Shrew) or Luciana (Bonus!! Nickname Lucie is so cute!). I think Imogen is just perfect and Freya goes with it.

Freya - Pretty
    Georgia - Pretty too, but NMS
    Isla - Gorgeous, but I'm not a fan of sibling starting with the same 1st initial.

My choices in order of preference:

Imogen & Georgia
    Imogen & Freya
    Imogen & Isla

bostonian girl Guest

In order of preference, I like Freya, Isla and Georgia. I guess I'm kinda partial to Scandinavian names. In any case, Freya seems to be the general consensus here! :)