Menu

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Site suggestions

I'm afraid of coming across as a tad presumptuous here, but it seems like you're looking for suggestions, and I have one.

Right now the favourites page is just a list of names sorted alphabetically. Could the gender perhaps be marked next to each name? One way to do this would be to replace the bullet point for each item with a gender icon, but any type of visual clarification would be great. As my favourites list gets longer, I'm afraid it'll become harder to skim.

Great site, BTW. I like in particular how easy it is to see a name's popularity and its variations all on the one page.

Re: Site suggestions

great idea -- I passed it on to the guys who know how to make the site work, rather than just write about names. so glad you like the site and thanks!
    Pam Redmond
    Nameberry

Hi! I absolutely love this website already. I'm really enjoying the hot lists, and the blog!!
    This section is also very fun. I was wondering if there's a way to highlights topics or posts that we haven't already read? Just so we know if there's been anything new since we last visited.
    Congratulations on a fantastic website!! :)

Thank you! We're still working on the bulletin boards to make them more clear, and this is a great idea. I'm sending it to our designer and I really appreciate your kind comments on the site.
    Pam Redmond
    Nameberry

How about a board for name games?

Love it! The new improved boards should be up in the next few days and that's a great idea for an addition
    Pam Redmond
    Nameberry

Quote Originally Posted by namefan
    How about a board for name games?
    The Name Games Message Boards are up -- I hope you'll go and start the fun! Thanks for a great idea....
    Pam Redmond
    Nameberry

lola Guest

Some minor formatting tools for when we're posting, was a thought I just had. Bold/italiacs, maybe? I appreciate the edit button. I try to spellcheck before I post but invariably there's a few typos I didn't catch until it posted. :D Not necessary, but would be nice.

Would it be possible to have the post we are responding to be above your below the page we write messages in? (Similar to Name That Baby!'s web design) That way person answering them can quickly look back over a list of names, double check spellings etc. of the origional posters message? This is especially helpful when commenting on huge lists of names. Thanks.

lola Guest

I was just going to suggest what Firestar did. So consider me seconding Firestar! :)