Menu

Why are your characters named the way they are?

I'm writing a pastiche of crappy Episode romance stories, and the main character's mom is an actress. Naturally, I had to give her a crazy celebrity baby name. More specifically, Moonbeam Verona Ninja Hughes Connolly. Yes, one of her middle names is Ninja, and then her mother's maiden name. I went all out.
    I named her mom Ellen Hughes, because that seemed right for a Hollywood star.
    Moonbeam's stereotypical forbidden love interest, who is fresh out of college and is dating Ellen :O, is probably going to be named... Tobias Rhett or something like that. I really can't explain this one.
    Melia・16・True Aquarius・Choleric・Born under Leviathan・Dark Falcon
    listo: mayflydays
    "Crosio!" I shited pointing my wound. Snoop scremed and started running around da room screming.
    “My name’s Harry Potter, although most people call me Vampire these days.” he grumbled.
    “Why?” I exclaimed.
    “Because I love the taste of human blood.” he giggled.

I just pick names I like. If I'm going to spend a huge amount of my time writing about the characters in my head, I'm going to make sure they have names I like, or at least don't hate enough to make me cringe every time I use it.