Menu

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    1. I think this probably applies to any child after the first, but we found it difficult to fall in love with a name as much as we loved our first child's. So lots of comparing to our first's name and trying to find something that sounded nice with it. For us, I don't think emotions came into it much because we still had #3 in the back of our heads while I was pregnant -- but decided after he was born that we were 100% done.

2. We didn't really have a theme or pattern; we broke tradition with my daughter's middle name. I do think Rosalie and Atticus go well together, and it was important to me that they sounded good together, but it's not like we stuck to "flower/nature" names or anything.

3. No, meaning wasn't that important to us. We wanted it to sound nice over have a nice meaning, but if we had picked a name with not a great meaning we may have taken that into account.

4. Yes, she basically made the decision for us! We were debating between Sullivan (early on), Theodore, and Atticus. Atticus only came about because my husband was joking about "Septimus" because we couldn't decide on anything, and I said the only "us" name I would consider using was Atticus, and Rosie latched on. She had previously been following the name discussions and vetoing every single name we came up with. After she heard Atticus she began telling everyone that was her baby's name, even though we didn't decide on a name until very late in the game -- and then it was Theodore. But when he was born he was definitely Atticus, and I think it was definitely my 3yo's persistence that made it so appealing.

5. No, it was basically the only name we could really agree on. And like I said, we weren't certain he was our last until we had him. So this didn't really play into it.

Mummy to Rosalie Lyra ("Rosie") 17.01.16
    and Atticus Jon ("Atty") 27.03.19

@northernlights Thanks for your input! So cute about Rosie helping to name her little brother!
    ♀ J. M. (2015)
    ♂ K. V. (2017)
    ♀ A. H. (2019)

We’re most likely having a third and it is 99% certain that it will be our last baby. I’m feeling really sad that I have so many favorites I won’t be able to use and wishing I could start the name conversation now and drag it out as long as possible since I love the naming process so much. However, my husband Is best when there is an actual baby on the way.

Middle name will be an honor name again and we have the family member picked out and we will honor that family member whether we have another girl or a boy.

It sounds like it will be a great post!
    Last edited by morgantaylore; February 16th, 2020 at 09:39 AM. Reason: Wrong there !
    Hazel Jane 2017 / Margot Brynn 2019

Husband approved: Tucker Ross and Rowan Maxwell

Dreaming about: Iris Wren, Vivian Renee, Blythe Alexandra, Daphne Briar, Gwendolyn Bell, Piper Ophelia, Juliet Greer, Phoebe Adele, Lana Beatrix

Alternatives: Jude, Flynn, Jasper, Tristan, Dashiell, Wilder

@morgantaylore It’s so sad when you have to leave those favourites behind. I’ll never have my Sasha

Thanks for your input! Good luck with the naming process next time around!
    ♀ J. M. (2015)
    ♂ K. V. (2017)
    ♀ A. H. (2019)