Menu

Please read: Problems with ads

Is anyone else frustrated with all the ads on Nameberry now? The pages take a long time to load, I click on one thing then more ads load and move my selection and it loads something didn't choose. The pop ups ruin what I'm typing, as I'm writing this I've already had to stop typing 6 times for more ads to load!
    Ainsley Emerson Ever Lavender Lennon Lennox Merlot Monet Petra Patience Scarlett Sterling Sunday Vivienne

Anders Barrett Bennett Breccan Brooks Garrett Harlan Hayes Hollister Lachlan Ransom Roy Sayer Seely Vaughn Vernon Zane

Hi @summs,

No, you’re not the only one finding the ads frustrating.

Unfortunately, Nameberry isn’t able to pick and choose the ads shown on the site; we can only block whole categories (eg. weight loss, religion, politics, etc.), which we already do.

The ads each individual visitor sees will be different; it depends on your location, device, browsing history, cookies, etc. and is all controlled externally.

As you know, the site does need to run ads in order to remain financially viable, but we are very keen to work with members to tackle the really annoying ads that some people are seeing.

The best thing members can do to help tackle these problematic ads is to send the following information to support (at) nameberry (dot) com:

(Apologies, I have to write the email address out like that because of the current problem with links not displaying properly. I will edit it once that’s fixed.)

1. Screenshot of the annoying ad

2. The originating URL/web address of the ad (so we can block it from advertising on the site)

3. Your location, browser and device

4. A brief description of the specific issue with the ad

Thank you!
    Last edited by katinka; January 24th, 2020 at 02:01 PM.
    ♀ J. M. (2015)
    ♂ K. V. (2017)
    ♀ A. H. (2019)

I’m going to edit the title and make this thread sticky, in the hope that lots of members will see this and send us the info we need to block these annoying ads.

Please do pass on the message and/or send people this way to read this information. We really want to get this sorted!

Thanks everyone for your patience
    ♀ J. M. (2015)
    ♂ K. V. (2017)
    ♀ A. H. (2019)

Thank you for your quick response. Yes I do understand you needs ads to continue. I feel it's not the contents of the ads, but the sheer volume that make it difficult to use.
    Ainsley Emerson Ever Lavender Lennon Lennox Merlot Monet Petra Patience Scarlett Sterling Sunday Vivienne

Anders Barrett Bennett Breccan Brooks Garrett Harlan Hayes Hollister Lachlan Ransom Roy Sayer Seely Vaughn Vernon Zane

@summs Thank you for the feedback.

The good news on ad volume is that there are peaks and troughs throughout the year. The most recent quarter (the weeks up to Christmas and going into the New Year) are generally the busiest, so you should see the volume decreasing a little in the coming weeks. Again, this is controlled externally, and unfortunately isn’t something the site creators are able to set.

Can I ask when you first started having problems with this?
    ♀ J. M. (2015)
    ♂ K. V. (2017)
    ♀ A. H. (2019)

I'm not quite sure. I suppose I've noticed the difficulty over the last few months

OK, that's helpful to know, thanks again.
    ♀ J. M. (2015)
    ♂ K. V. (2017)
    ♀ A. H. (2019)