Menu

Naming my Fantasy Family

ok, not necessarily a family.
    I need a:

king: and majestic name;should go well with Nydomalith. I don't know if Nydomalith will be the name of his mother, queen, sister, or kingdom yet! , tawny brown, russet, navy blue and crimson. Dragons and battles. A blinding, reflective sword(no, I will not use that in my book, too much like Excalibur). A looming stone fortress castle on grassy hills in the summertime.

girl main character 1: This will be a story that switches POV between two girls, this being the first one. and airy name. Think a sunlit meadow by a lake in the spring. Butterflies and pastel flowers. Tulle and sheer, floating, flowing. Melon and peach, lilac, lavender, frost blue, pale yellow. Silphs and air sprites.

girl main character 2: second pov character. Mysterious, mystical, and enigmatic.Think misty, firefly-lit pond with willow leaves trailing in the reflection of the moon. Dark forests and veils of fog, guarded. Dark but light. Dark purple and indigo, maroon and black. and nighttime nymphs, the moon, stars, and darkness.

queen: the king's mother. She dies or resigns and that's how he becomes king. Dark hair, bright green eyes. Fairies and nymphs, dryads. and magenta, emerald, royal blue, coppery auburn. Refined and majestic, yet kind and loving.

boy character 1: friend of main girls. Think (Fall), leaves, russet, tawny, marigold, forest green, sepia. Elves, griffins, phoenixes. Mischievous and silly, but staunch and loyal. A dense forest in autumn, covered with leaves and filled with small animal sounds.

boy character 2: Water, sea, ocean, salt. Cliffs, ocean spray, foamy waves crashing against the rocky shore. , , , -orange. Kelpies, clear pools, wet hair and face. Dripping, pools, cascade, flowing, crashing, swell, crest, expanse. Water.....

name suggestions/bank:

Aurelyn

Aurelie

Aerilyn

Aerowyn

Arina

Aeronwy

Alestronia

Arianwen

Arwen

Aelon

Avalon

Alona

Bryony

Brynn

Cerelia

Clarimond

Crescent

Cressida

Caelia

Celestia

Delphine

Eilish

Elara

Elora

Elura

Eluna

Elina

Erelyn

Eloria

Elowen

Elowyn

Eilonwy

Evienne

Faye

Iona

Islana

Kyrielle

Kayelle

Kerensa

Lowenna

Lyric

Lowen

Lucina

Lysandra

Lyrell

Maelona

Maevyn

Maewyn

Nixie

Narissa

Nyx

Ondine

Oriana

Orenda

Orelle

Quintessa

Quintana

Reverie

Rhian

Rowena

Seraphina

Silvana

Sylvelle

Sybella

Sunflower

Twyla

Tirienne

Viviana

Xyla

Xylena

Aevryn

Aeryn

Alric

Aldric

Aldwyn

Auberon

Auburn

Aluned

Aurelian

Azriel

Albion

Ayven

Auryn

Auron

Arlen

Bronwyn

Caelan

Caledon

Cormac

Caspian

Cyprian

Elrond

Emrys

Evander

Eloned

Evron

Elyan

Eiric

Fable

Gwaine

Gwyn

Gwynnian

Kyrell

Kay

Kaylon

Kyron

Leander

Lian

Lyric

Oberon

Owain

Percival

Perrin

Roeben

Soren

Sparrow

Tyrnenn

Tiernan

Tyrell

Valerian

Varian

Zedrin
    Last edited by elenajeanine; January 25th, 2020 at 12:54 PM.
    girls:
    Avalon Callista_Calliope Blue_Elara Meadow_Clare Elowen_Seraphina Moon_Willow Grace Reverie_Cressida Nyx_Sabre Viviana_Emmeline Clare_Alondra Scout_Genevieve Wren_Hallie Faye_Aerilyn Penny
    boys:
    Evander Sparrow_Robin Ambrose_Percival Soren_Alexander Cove_Albion Emrys_Avan Dexter_Cedric Rune_Cobalt Ewan_Zedekiah Blue_Benedict "Ned" Stellan_Auden Gray

Unisex:
    Tiernan Lake_Atlantis River_London Blue_Rowan Night_Avery Zenith_Robin Briar_Kit Fable_Everett "Ever" Briar

please help!
    girls:
    Avalon Callista_Calliope Blue_Elara Meadow_Clare Elowen_Seraphina Moon_Willow Grace Reverie_Cressida Nyx_Sabre Viviana_Emmeline Clare_Alondra Scout_Genevieve Wren_Hallie Faye_Aerilyn Penny
    boys:
    Evander Sparrow_Robin Ambrose_Percival Soren_Alexander Cove_Albion Emrys_Avan Dexter_Cedric Rune_Cobalt Ewan_Zedekiah Blue_Benedict "Ned" Stellan_Auden Gray

Unisex:
    Tiernan Lake_Atlantis River_London Blue_Rowan Night_Avery Zenith_Robin Briar_Kit Fable_Everett "Ever" Briar

1. I rather like Aluned for the king, and to me it seems to sound well with Nydomalith; Zedrin and Soren are close seconds.

2. Aerilyn strikes me as an airy kind of name for this character. However, I also prefer Silvana nicknamed Sylvie, probably leaning more toward that than Aerilyn.

3. Kyrielle, Faye, or Elowen all seem to strike the kind of image for this character. On the other hand, Morgana is also a beautiful and fitting name. If you chose Silvana for the character above, than it would be a rather complementary pairing; Silvana meaning “forest”, Morgana relating to the sea

4. I think Lowenna for this character. It’s a regal name for a queen.

5. I think Kaylon nicknamed Kay is nice- I’ve always liked Kay for a boy.

6. Maybe Gwyn or Gwaine. A name that starts with a hard g sound seems fitting for this character, plus Kay and Gwaine are the names of knights of the round table in Arthurian legend.

Hope this helps. I chose the names you listed in your post with the exception of Morgana

The ones that are bold are my favorites.

King: Aluned, Cyprian, Roeben
    Girl 1: Maewyn, Lowenna, Elora
    Girl 2: Seraphina, Iona, Silvana
    Queen: Arwen, Quintana, Orelle
    Boy 1: Fable, Evander, Sparrow
    Boy 2: Emrys, Azriel, Kyrell

Current Favorites
    August - Erik - Heath - Makoa - Ronan - Tristan
    Eliza - Eve - Guinevere - Johanna - Lena - Matilda