Menu

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Alexandra

I absolutely love Alexandra and consider it timeless.

Alexandra is beautiful & classic.

This name has a personal connection to me it’s the name I chose for my daughter who I miscarried at 16 weeks. I chose Alexandra because it’s understated, elegant with a range of gorgeous nicknames my favourite being Lexi. It’s beautiful and seems to be overlooked for some strange reason. I completely understand why DH loves this and why you may consider it.
    My lovely gents...
    Malachi Joseph John
    Noah Leonardo Otim
    Ezra William Mark
    Roman Emmanuel Scott

My lovely ladies...
    Rose Elizabeth Oyella
    Lilia Josephine Pearl
    Ivy Helena Lauren
    Willow Alexandra Kate

Thank you 😊! I never once considered it outdated at all. I always thought it was a classic like Alexander is. So I was shocked when some people claimed it was.

Thank you 😊! I'm loving Alexandra too 😍

Thank you so much and I'm so sorry 😞! I'm really starting to love this name. I'm almost a week late now with my af and if I'm pregnant I'm pretty sure we are going with Alexandra for a girl and Alexander for a boy.

Who says it's out of date! It is amazing and don't let anyone tell you otherwise! I am passionate about this cause my middle name is Jeanine, an apparently "grandma" name according to nameberry and I love it and think it sounds beautiful. Alexandra is great for any age and comes with many cute nicknames like Lex, Lexi, Ally, and Xandra.
    Good Luck!!!
    gals
    Alondra Mae_Genevieve Wren_Silvia Lark_Sabre Viviana_Willow Grace Reverie_Avalon Callista_Hallie Faye_Elowen Meadow_Willoughby Rain_Seraphina Moon_Calliope Scout_Emmeline Clare_Clarissa Briar Lune

guys
    Evander Sparrow_Robin Ambrose_Avan Dexter_Varian Winter_Auden Gray_Zedekiah Blue_Rodney "Ned" Corbin_Elyan Lyric_Percival Soren_Ewan Cobalt_Emrys Albion_Nat Fable

fellows
    River Quinn_Tiernan Lake_Rowan Fable_Atlantis River_Aidan Night_Avery Zenith_Sparrow Lyric_London Blue

Thank you! I was caught off guard when they were saying it's dated. I never heard anyone in my previous posts say that. I understand if people don't like the name that's fine. We all have different tastes. My middle name is very popular, but I never knew anyone who had it. Back when I was in high school I was the only one with an "old lady middle name" and my teacher couldn't guess it. It is Sophia.

As an Alexandra (nn Alex), I had to comment on this thread!! I have genuinely always loved my name. To this day, I have only ever met around 3 or 4 other Alexandras (and, for reference, I'll be 24 in May!). Personally, I think that the many nicknames you can come up with from this name make it more versatile than most names I've come across; it can truly suit any personality type!

Maybe if you're trying to keep it "modern", you could pair it with a more currently-popular middle name. IMO, Alexandra Nicole (my name) sounds more like a 90's baby, but maybe something like Alexandra Maeve, Alexandra Ivy, or Alexandra Violet sound more on-trend.

Good luck deciding!!
    ♀: Eliza • Genevieve • Vivien • Audrey • Charlotte • Lily • Hazel • Holly • Elsa • Felicity • Anastasia • Jane • Clara

♂: Miles ◆ Scott ◆ Clark ◆ Elliot ◆ Cole ◆ August ◆ Connor ◆ Calvin ◆ Robert ◆ Everett ◆ Alexander ◆ Brooks

GP:
    Cyprus ◇ Valor ◇ Tiberius ◇ Orion ◇ Artemis ◇ Lawrence ◇ Lachlan
    Evangeline ◇ Anneliese ◇ Stella ◇ Emmeline

Alex was so popular on boys and girls when I was in school. I hear it so often on people my age it feels really bland to me.

Thank you so much ☺️. It's nice to hear from someone who is an Alexandra. We're currently thinking of using Alexandra Daphne, but it could change. Alexandra is dh's top name and I am loving it more now too.