Menu

Help with Baby Girl Names?!

My husband and I really like classic, elegant girl’s names. My favorite was Charlotte (he wasn’t a fan) and his favorite was Elizabeth (which sounded a little too old fashioned for me, as I like classic names that could be popular today as well).

We’ve been bouncing around the idea of Adalie or Amelia (with Mia as a nickname).

Hoping to get some honest opinions on these? Does Adalie sound more modern and less classic - is it too unique? Is Amelia older sounding and not very youthful? Any opinions would be appreciated - we are open to hearing some suggestions as well!!

Thank you in advance

I love Adalie! It's unusual, but it has familiar sounds, so I wouldn't worry about it being too unusual. It's sweet, funky and a fantastic choice. It doesn't sound trendy to me, but if you really want a more classic feel, how about Adeline?

Amelia is sweet, and I definitely don't think of someone older. However, there's no 'spark' there for me - I've heard it hundreds of times, and I'm well over it by now. Adalie shares a couple of sounds with Amelia, as well as the bright and sweet vibe - and Adalie is also more unusual and interesting!

My vote definitely goes to Adalie, but if you're worried about the classic feel, then my vote would be Adeline

luna florence | briar daveena | ophelia "fifi" june
    willow katherine | octavia hermione

perseus "percy" james | harley orpheus | spencer rodney
    dean sirius | charlie phoenix

💐💐💐
    ❤ Clementine Edith Pearl ❤
    Dorothy Lilac • Gwendolen Bee • Heidi Rosemary • Lavender Belle
    Lettie Rosalind • Marguerite Joy 'Mae' • Rosamund Lane • Winifred Hope

❤ Lionel Forrest Jude ❤
    Clement Wilde 'Clay' • Clyde Peregrine • Edmund Wolfe • Fergus Frederick
    Percy Noble • Reuben Sage • Seamus Bear • Stanley Ocean

Hi there.

I love love Amelia nn Mia. It's my kitty's name! I don't think that Amelia sounds too old at all. It has a sweet youthful sound to me, but also could work on a serious grown up woman. Mia is spunky & sporty, & works great on any age too.

This may seem picky, but Adalie looks off w/that spelling. Adelie (said 'ad-uh-lee') is just darling. Cheery & fresh. It's unique yet not weird. I'm not sure if popularity bothers you, but Amelia/Mia is very common.

A few names that you may like:

Amelie

Audrey

Alice

Adela

Caroline

Coraline

Cecily

Emmeline

Eloise

Emilia

Felicity