Menu

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Emily or Annabelle to go with Charlotte?

I’m struggling between Emily and Annabelle for Charlotte’s sister’s name...

I think Charlotte is elegant, classy, classic and timeless, with beautiful and sweet pronunciation. I decided to use this name without any hesitation at that time.

Which pair is the most matching to Charlotte, matching maybe in terms of whether they both share similar feeling (elegant, classy, classic and timeless), how they sound together, etc., I don’t know...

And as well as looking at the two names individually, Emily vs. Annabelle, which one would be more preferable?

Any thoughts would be highly appreciated! Thanks all!
    Last edited by passerby; January 19th, 2020 at 12:38 PM.

gals
    Alondra Mae_Genevieve Scout_Silvia Lark_Sabre Viviana_Willow Grace Reverie_Avalon Callista_Hallie Faye_Elowen Meadow__Seraphina Moon_Calliope Wren_Clarissa Lune_Rosella Glade_Tiernan Lake

guys
    Evander Sparrow_Robin Kit_Avan Dexter_Varian Winter_Auden Gray_Zedekiah Blue_Rodney Fable_Elyan Lyric_Percival Soren_Ewan Cobalt_Emrys Mickey_Nat Fable

both
    River Quinn_Rowan Fable_Atlantis River_Aidan Night_Avery Zenith_Sparrow Lyric_London Blue_River Quinn

I think Annabelle
    Ainsley Emerson Ever Lavender Lennon Lennox Merlot Monet Petra Patience Scarlett Sterling Sunday Vivienne

Anders Barrett Bennett Breccan Brooks Garrett Harlan Hayes Hollister Lachlan Ransom Roy Sayer Seely Vaughn Vernon Zane

I agree that Annabelle is the perfect match for Charlotte's sister. This pairing feels quite regal to me.
    Mumma to Owen Shepherd

Hazel Adeline + Nora Eve + Mae Evelyn + Eliza Audrey + Iris Eleanor

Theo Archer + Jonah Matthew + Kai Benjamin + Flynn Grayson

Annabelle. I think it's beautiful and elegant!
    While Emily is definitely a classic at the moment it does feel pretty 2000s/90s since it was so extremely popular back then. I don't think it'd ever go out of style, but right now it feels a bit overdone.
    💐💐💐
    ❤ Clementine Edith Pearl ❤
    Dorothy Lilac • Gwendolen Bee • Heidi Rosemary • Lavender Belle
    Lettie Rosalind • Marguerite Joy 'Mae' • Rosamund Lane • Winifred Hope

❤ Lionel Forrest Jude ❤
    Clement Wilde 'Clay' • Clyde Peregrine • Edmund Wolfe • Fergus Frederick
    Percy Noble • Reuben Sage • Seamus Bear • Stanley Ocean

Annabelle for sure! Charlotte and Annabelle both have a very southern belle feel to them!

I think both names work well with Charlotte (and feel classic, beautiful, and sweet) so you can't go wrong, but I personally prefer Annabelle. As others have pointed out, Emily had a (long) moment so Annabelle feels a bit more fresh.

Very much appreciate your comments, but it’s really tough to make a decision!

Both work really well with Charlotte as they have sweet, “proper” vibes to them. Emily and Charlotte seem like a perfect, almost predictable match, partly because Emily is a very popular name and Charlotte is very trendy. Annabelle fits the style of Charlotte but is slightly more surprising, in a good way. I am also biased toward nn Belle because I am loving it so much lately. I should mention I’m in the US so that affects my view of these pairings. Really you can’t go wrong with either.

June Carolina, Freya Halle Moon, Liliosa Mirabelle, Adelaide Honey,
    Mabel Amelia, Eva Lavender, Belle Addison Jean, Rosa Genevieve, Hadley Matilda, Lilabet Maisie, Selene Tigerlily

Thank you! Any more opinions? This is really tough!