Menu
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    @ekgiffen- Arthur Orion *IS* cute, but I do know an adult Orion and think it's an unexpected but still familiar choice for a first name. Don't give up too easily if you love it!

@ekgiffen The Valyria reference is fairly obscure and likely one only the book people would make.

Oh my I dropped off the face of the planet and came back to 3 whole pages of posts! I need to go back and reread to catch up now!

Im Jasmine by the way and I started this thread so Im woefully embarrassed at my lack of response in it!

DotDraper especially Im so sorry I wasnt ignoring you. I was waiting so long for my post to pop up and then it came twice and I was locked out for a bit so yeah a few bumps. Let me catch up now!

Nice to meet you all!

@ekgiffen - I LOVE Arthur Orion. What a great combo.

@dotdraper - I'm a little late with checking back into this thread, but congratulations on finding out that you have a Baby Bea!

Fingers crossed, we'll know the gender next week! DH is convinced that it's a girl, because this pregnancy has been so different and more difficult than my last and, in his words, "only a daughter could cause so much stress so early." Something tells me that he's wrong, but needless to say, I'm excited to find out!

Thank you, @hollyrow. We're excited to have another darling girl.

I am starting to second guess my perfect name, and I wonder if my fellow name nerds have thoughts on Beatrice Cecily Lilac? Strangely, I'm not worried about it being over the top... that's kind of what I'm going for, LOL. I'm worried that Beatrice slides into Cecily slides into Lilac. Are the soft Cs and Ls bad? Should I consider Beatrice Charlotte Lilac for more variation in sounds? (Middle initial C is meaningful, Lilac is meaningful.) Am I overthinking a name I love? Most of the time she'll just be "Bea", like our little Marguerite is called "Margot" (or "Margoober" ).

Or Beatrice Cosima Lilac? I'm going to drive myself crazy, and here I thought I was decided.

@dotdraper Don't second guess yourself! I like the fact that Beatrice Cecily Lilac has so much flow, especially as a longer name. It's beautiful.

Baby was super cooperative this week and we found out that DH was wrong... it's a BOY! So Cordelia is going back into the vault. There are so many boy names that I like, but we keep coming back to Bodhi.

Thank you, @hollyrow. I'm hoping that was only a brief freak out... the more I thought about it, the more I realized I just really, really love Cecily and don't want to give it up.

I like Bodhi! Are you intentionally sticking with B-names for boys or is it a fluke? (Asking as someone with a flukey, unintentional pattern that I'm breaking this time around.)

The 2nd B is definitely a coincidence! But I do like the way the flukey patterns go together.

I don't think that you should give up on Cecily! I have to admit that it wouldn't have been my first choice, but the more I think about it and say it out loud, the more it grows on me as a stand alone name. And it works so well for baby Bea.

@hollyrow- thank you for the encouragement! I'm excited to hear what combinations you come up with-- I know you'll find something you love!