Menu
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    With #1 it was an easy choice for both of us to play on the green team. We both agreed that we may never be able to replicate such a joyful surprise again.

The feeling isn't the same this time. From the day we found out we were expecting, there were so many more expectations (for lack of a better word). Like "imagine two rough and tumble little brothers," and "how great would it be to have one of each?" So we'll put all that to rest by finding out. I'm super excited to know!

I'm still in love with the girl name I didn't get to use, Cordelia Rey. For boys... let the games begin.

We found out yesterday... it's another girl! We're excited to have a little Baby Bea. <3 Plus I get to use all of these adorable little clothes again!

And yes, @hollyrow, we dealt with some commentary on #2 as well- Did we want one of each? Dad must want a boy. Girls are easier... at first. We really were happy either way, but everyone has their own ideas. I just sent out some texts with the news yesterday to appease the commentariat.

And I LOVE Cordelia, btw!

Hello, Berries. Never thought I would be joining one of these threads again! ; )

I recently found out I am expecting twins. My EDD is July 5, but both of my daughters were preemies so with that on top of the fact that it is a multiples birth, we are shooting for about 32-33 weeks. This pregnancy came as a shock, as I am almost 51 and thought I had entered menopause. But lo and behold, miracles can happen. I have a range of emotions right now and haven't necessarily gotten to the "overjoyed" part yet...hence why I came back on here for some sweet fellowship with likeminded mamas.

Hope you all are feeling well and can't wait to get to know you all. : )
    Carla
    Mommy of two little princesses...
    Eva Lily Catherine (1/2014)
    Audrey Elizabeth Rose (6/2018)
    & expecting twins July 2020!

Hi Carla! Congratulations and welcome! I'm excited for you! Your daughters have beautiful names, by the way.

This is my second pregnancy and, much like the first, my symptoms have not been difficult at all. I am eating some antacids... I'd switched to Zantac later in my first pregnancy and I'm not sure what I'll do now. Cross that bridge when I get there? Have your symptoms been worse with twins?

Congratulations all! Excited to take this journey for the second time, due on Aug 4th. Son Malachi is 4 and they will be born just shy of 5 years apart.

So far naming is the delightfully frustrating thing that is keeping my mind off of the first trimester nonsense. A bowl of GrapeNuts type cereal (has tons of iron and folic acid) has been my pregnancy superfood.

My not a name nerd husband and definitly a name nerd sister have been making for a potent combo. Biggest challenges in the middle name for a girl and first (and first middle) for a boy.
    Mom to Malachi Andronikus expecting baby #2 Summer 2020

Girls: Joann, Whitley Hyacinth, Phaedra
    Girls GP: Zenobia Rose, Amara Elaine, Dacia Elaine

Boys: Silas Garrett Ihl, Jude Eckard Ihl
    Boys GP: Zadok Alexander

Looking for meaning, significance, and beauty

@liav410- Congratulations!

Compromise with a non-name-nerd is tough. It's really hard to see the other side.

I love Hyacinth as a middle name for a little girl. And your full combination of Zenobia Rose is gorgeous-- move that right off the guilty pleasure list!

September baby!

We are expecting our first baby on September 20! We definitely want to know the gender.
    We haven't started talking names yet, but I have lots of ideas! I'd like to incorporate Lynn as a middle (or part of a middle) for a daughter as it is my middle name, my mom's middle and my MILs first name. For a son, I'd like to honor my brother David and my husband and FIL Joseph with a combo middle name like Jude.
    TTC Baby #1

@kimlz- Congratulations and welcome! Honoring Joseph and David with Jude is so clever!

Hi folks! I'm also due with #1, both excited and nervous. Due August 23! They say pregnancy is exhausting and I believed it, but woah, it is a whole other animal to feel it. Whew. Anyone else napping at every opportunity?

A lot of the names I've been seeing around are way more unusual than I expected! I like uncommon and maybe a little antique names, but husband is pretty practical so we will see what we can compromise on.

My mom and grandmother are both convinced I'm carrying a girl, and for girl names I'm just gone over Valyria...but I hate that it is associated with Game of Thrones. I liked the show and the books as much as the next person, but I would hate for my kid to spend her whole life referencing the series.

Personally, my bet is on a boy, as I have had a few dreams about a male child. In my dreams, his name was Orion, which is a bit significant to my family as my grandfather always used to say to us that after he passed away, he would always be watching over us from the constellation Orion- since he passed away, I think of him when I see it. I think the name would be fine for a first name, but husband is a little hesitant. I also like Arthur ("Art"! Cute!), and think Orion would match it nicely as a middle.
    baby girl due august 2020

elowen - beatrix - valyria - leo - sabrina - meredith - rowan - rhiannon - freya - lyra