Menu

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Arnold - Yes or No??

Hi everyone

I have a name that's just sprung to mind... Arnold.

This has kind of come from nowhere and I would love your honest opinions! I've checked my trusty Nameberry ebook entitled 'The Very Best Baby Names' and I've got to admit - I'm a little concerned that Arnold is nowhere to be seen in the mix of 1300 names that Pamela and Linda have compiled. Do you think this is a sure sign that the name is a no go?

Is it too old man? Or is it ready for a comeback?

Please be honest. I'd really love to hear your thoughts on this one. Thank you! x

Sorry, but it feels old and dusty to me.

Might be showing my age here, but "move it, football head!" still comes to mind when I hear the name Arnold.

Old man. Well actually, weird middle aged man. Sorry!

Arnold does sound very old. However nn Arnie is very cute. If you like it, go with it. all new revivals start with one baby being named "XXX". Other parents see the name, say that is nice and different, and "bob's your uncle the name starts to rise in popularity,

No problem Berries!

I was after your honest opinions so it's all good

I associate it with "Hey Arnold" and Arnold Schwarzenegger. If I ignore those associations I see no reason why you couldnt use it! Arnie is a cool/cute nickname

@asherose & @gabriellenz,

Thank you for your support!
    It's so, so nice to get some positive feedback after a string a negative responses x

I'm not sure, but Alfred grew on me so Arnold might do too if I mull it over. Arnie or Arlo would make cute nn
    🌈Grace🌈
    Sarai Matilda |Una Adele|Mabli Charlotte |Cherith Eliza
    Sholto Felix|Tristan Rafferty|Ezra Apollo|Bram Atticus
    Thinking about ...
    Maeve Marigold|Maeve Ottoline|Maeve Penelope|Maeve Emily
    Maeve Lillian|Maeve Emmeline|Maeve Saskia|Maeve Anouk

Arnold is so cute. It does have a set of very particular associations (the 90’s cartoon, Palmer, and Schwarzenegger), but it has actually been the name of several saints, so it has a rich history outside of pop culture. I must admit that I do prefer Atticus, Ernest, and Evander over Arnold, but by no means does that mean it isn’t a beautiful name. And Arnie fits right in with the Archie, Alfie, and Ari crowd. The more I think about it, the more I rather like Arnold. It’s very sweet and endearing.
    Lucille Divine • Marigold Ivory • Lennon Ramona • Stella Snow • Hazel Prairie • Galilee Scout • Magnolia Lullaby • Glory Susanna • August Firefly • Juniper Kit • Scarlett Avery • Julep Floralie • Cricket Jane

Milo Fox • Drummer Knox • Shepherd Sage • Ransom Henry • Jasper Crockett • Hutch Paxton • Deacon Tobias • Blaze Obadiah • Hud Emerson • Bravery Noah • Truman Storm • Oliver Bear