Menu

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Middle Names for Piper and Hazel

My husband and I are having our first children next month and they are twin girls. We have been certain about the first names Piper and Hazel for a long time because we both like them. However, we can’t think of good middle names. Some names that are important in our family are Greta, Billie, and Marie. Also, the last name is Foster. Thank you for any help you can offer!

Some ideas based on the family names:

Piper Margaret and Hazel Marian (or Piper Marian and Hazel Margaret)
    Piper Willa and Hazel Maren / Marina
    Piper Daisy and Hazel Willa
    My Lists
    Bird + Birding Baby Names // species names + notable naturalists
    Texas Inspired Baby Names // paying homage to the Lone Star State
    Nautical Baby Names // inspired by sailors + the deep blue sea
    The Golden Age of Detective Fiction // timeless characters + the writers who created them
    Hobbit Baby Names // botanical, medieval + gemstone names from the Shire
    Medieval Names for a Modern Baby // unusual names + surnames from historic rosters

Ellen Virginia * Nancy Eleanor * May Genevieve * Celia Madeleine * Audrey Claire * Bess Emilia
    Nathaniel Francis * Leo Edmund * Benedict Henry * Virgil Blaise * Joseph Malachi * Timothy Jerome

Also Liking: OONA MUIRGHEAL * Siobhan Brigid * Cassandra Niamh * Miranda Kate *
    Sybil Josephine * Edith Augusta * Catherine Ginevra * Molly Catriona *

🌈Grace🌈
    Sarai Matilda |Una Adele|Mabli Charlotte |Cherith Eliza
    Sholto Felix|Tristan Rafferty|Ezra Apollo|Bram Atticus
    Thinking about ...
    Maeve Marigold|Maeve Ottoline|Maeve Penelope|Maeve Emily
    Maeve Lillian|Maeve Emmeline|Maeve Saskia|Maeve Anouk

Thank you for all of the great suggestions! We really like Mabel for Piper because of the combination of Marie and Billie and it was, coincidentally, the name of my husband’s great grandmother. We also like Margot and Blue. For Hazel we like Gretchen and Margaret (another significant name on my side of the family), but we are not too sure.
    Last edited by aafoster1994; December 4th, 2019 at 10:07 AM.

I think Mabel would be too similar to Hazel as a middle name for Piper. Maybe Maeve? I'm not a big fan of Gretchen either. Maybe Genevieve? I think Hazel Maeve and Piper Genevieve would be great or vice versa. Margaret also works good.
    Faith
    Teen Berry
    Planning ahead, not expecting just yet

Mariposa Lilac "Posy"🌹Rhiannon Wisteria 🌹Seraphina Lavender

Dashiell Finn "Dash"🌹Caledon Gray "Cal"🌹Edmund Heath "Ed"

My husband just mentioned the name Tamsin which seems to work well with either first name. I also like it because it means “twin.” For the other middle name Tatum could work because my husband and I both like this name. It also seems to work well with either Piper or Hazel. Please let me know what you think!
    Soon to be mum of twins Piper and Hazel.

Tamsin is a favourite of mine and I also like Tatum, so I think they would be great as middles, especially given the meaning of twin. Tamsin sounds good with both of them but I prefer Tatum with Piper so: Piper Tatum and Hazel Tamsin.

Or I really like Piper Tamsin and Hazel Greta.