Menu

Question Can’t decide on a name

My husband is wanting to name our son Max, the thing is our last name is Power. I feel like being named Max Power may effect them later in life. It’s a cool play on name but not very professional. My family is also all for this name too but it’s a no go from me, what do you guys think? I really like the names Elliot or Ezra, personally.

It sounded fine to me at first, but now it sounds like a phrase. Maybe you could use Maxwell and call him Max instead.

Faith
    Teen Berry
    Planning ahead, not expecting just yet

Serafina Adelaide ★ Rosemary Briar ★ Tallulah Charlotte ★ Vivienne Delphine

Dashiell Finn ★ Wilder Jonah ★ Edmund Gabriel ★ Lachlan Rafferty

If you don't like it then you don't like it. Everyone else might like it but, in the end, it's yours and your husband's baby. Personally, I'm with you, it's not great. It feels like a slogan for a battery company. Elliot and Ezra are lovely. I also like the suggestion of Maxwell instead of just Max. Maybe there is some middle ground to be found: Jude, Milo/Miles, Caleb, Levi, Owen, Elias.
    Jessica. 26. Just a curious Britberry.

Alma Gwendolyn | Cecily Arietta | Cora Magdalene | Dinah Sloane | Liliana Celeste
    Maeva Isobel | Margot Roisin | Lyra Seraphine | Stella Lenore | Tilda Genevieve

Flynn Seymour | Hugo Frederick | Jago Sylvester | Killian Xavier | Lorcan Vincent
    Otis Leander | Ralph Edmund | Sidney Maxwell | Tobin Alexander | Tristan Joshua

I agree with pp, its yours and your husbands ultimate say in what name, regardless if the family is on board with it.

Ezra was the name that I was going to suggest.

Other ideas:
    Xavier *
    Zack *
    Zeb
    Luke *
    Eli
    Felicity | Evangeline | Winifred | Elizabeth | Mae | Joan | Alice | Dorothy | Ingrid | Margery

William | Hugh | Conrad | Ian | Barnaby | Isaac | Hugo | Lawrence | Donovan | Hubert

I do prefer Elliott but Maxwell seems like a good halfway between them.

Emmett, Cormac 'Mac', Bennett, Barrett, Atticus, Leo, Jude, Everett, Caleb and Silas came to mind
    🌈Grace🌈
    Sarai Matilda|Mabli Charlotte|Una Adele|Scout Elodie
    Sholto Felix|Tristan Rafferty|Percy Evander|Bram Atticus
    Thinking about...
    Tyra Mabel|Skye Miriam|Lois Winter|Anya Ottillie
    Quinn Barnaby|Silas Peregrine|Teddy Linus|Klaus Raphael

It sounds cool, but I think of the Simpsons episode...

(Maximum Power)

You can't use Max with your surname. And it's not a majority vote around the family. You have to love the name. If Elliot (my favourite) or Ezra aren't possible then keep looking for something you and your husband can agree on. And it might be easier not to talk to the family about it.

Ditto to what @araminty said especially that both of you love the name and maybe do not include family for their input at this time. I think it is a good suggestion to keep looking. Maybe....

Mannix or Maxim and the nn Max would work
    Everett
    Gabriel
    Marcus
    Benson
    Jasper
    Reuben