Menu

Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast
    First of all mama, congratulations on baby boy & I hope ya’ll are doing well.
    I certainly can relate to picking it apart and starting over, again and again. It’s hard to find a name that you think will tick every little box, even harder when you a have a baby to name! I have not been in your situation though so I am going to try and step in your shoes.
    I would tell myself that my baby is going to make the name perfect just by being his perfect self. And that I might be hung up on the sibset, but my children are going to live with their name through their own lense of life, and rarely introduce themselves and say “I also have two siblings named _____”. There is no 1000% perfect 3rd name out there. There is only a wonderfully fitting name for him.
    If you haven’t already, maybe consider calling him each name you’re thinking of, for a full day at least, and see which one feels the best, most exciting and most natural.
    Atticus and Julian are handsome, sophisticated yet youthful names, I haven’t seen what else you’ve considered but I can see you won’t go wrong with whatever you choose. Good luck.

June Carolina, Freya Halle Moon, Liliosa Mirabelle, Adelaide Honey,
    Mabel Amelia, Eva Lavender, Belle Addison Jean, Rosa Genevieve, Hadley Matilda, Lilabet Maisie, Selene Tigerlily

I was going to say that Atticus is perfect. That's the name. I think it sounds regal, even next to bro & sis's names. I think it has an element of fun in it, while still being stately.

I don't love Pascal. Julien is not my taste either, that said, I wouldn't call it too boring, I just don't like the sounds personally. I also like Evander, that is my 2nd choice (read page 1 and pg 7, sorry if I missed something in the middle saying why he's out!).

But you can do this!

Eliza, Adeline, Felicity, Flora, Sophie, Beatrice, Rosalie, Harriet
    Charlie, Henry, Edwin, Felix, Lachlan, Leo, Wyatt,

P.S. I forgot to add another hesitation I have about Atticus - in Australia there will be the tendency for others to pronounce it ‘Adicus’. Lots of us are lazy with our enunciation!

Hearing ‘Adicus’ all the time will bother me, especially next to Adelaide!

These are minor irritations, I know, but I thought I may as well mention everything!!

Thank you to the two previous posters for their beautiful and supportive words xx

Trying out these final names is a must, I agree! Atticus, Pascal and Julien all seem to suit him. He’s a dark haired boy with a full head of wavy hair which looks like it may end up being curly xo

If you can narrow it down to those three, I think you are closer to naming baby than you think! Try each of them out and see how you feel. We’re rooting for you!

June Carolina, Freya Halle Moon, Liliosa Mirabelle, Adelaide Honey,
    Mabel Amelia, Eva Lavender, Belle Addison Jean, Rosa Genevieve, Hadley Matilda, Lilabet Maisie, Selene Tigerlily

I’ve followed this entire thread and I empathize with your naming anxiety. I’m not sure which of your three choices I’d vote for. I like the name Atticus the best, but it is not Ideal that it repeats a first initial and beginning sound with Adel@ide. I’m not a fan of Pascal. Of the three I like Julian the best, spelled this way. Jules could be used as a nickname. I liked Augustin and would have used the nick name Austin. A new name idea came to mind when you wrote in one of your responses that your baby had a full head of dark hair. Might you consider the name Bronson, meaning “son of the dark haired one?” I feel it is under used and Very distinguished sounding. E D M U N D, A D E L A I D E &. B R O N S O N

Oh, I adore Julian/Julien! And Jules is a gorgeous nickname.
    On my mind:

Juno Marigold
    * Fern * Twila * Maude * Opal *

Another vote for Julian! Good luck!
    Look forward to hearing what you decide
    Proud Mama to LCW (2018)

Names on my mind:
    Ada, Alice, Aurora, Callista, Cecilia, Claire, Colette, Edith, Elisabeth, Emilia, Estelle, Florence, Georgia, Genevieve, Harriet, Lillian, Mae, Madeleine, Margot, Marlowe, Sylvie, Quinn, Theresa, Winifred.
    Amos, Arthur, Benjamin, Bryce, Calvin, Darcy, Edward, Elias, Everett, Evander, Ezra, Finley, Francis, Frederic, Henry, Hugo, James, Joseph, Julian, Lawrence, Leonardo, Miles, Oliver, Raphael, Rory, Simon, Sebastian, Theo, Thomas, Tobias.

@rosajune - You’re so right. Our children aren’t going to mention the names of their siblings immediately after introducing themselves. When I read your comment about this it made me realise how silly it is to get bogged down into finding that ‘perfect’ sibset, so thank you!!!

Thank you for your kindness and support
    It’s so lovely to know that you’re a fellow Aussie!! Being able to get the viewpoint of someone so close to home is so helpful xx

@diane921 - Bronson is such a thoughtful suggestion. It’s definitely unique and its meaning is a good match for our son’s dark features. I’m just not so sure I love the sound?

But - you’ve got me thinking about another surname name that was on my list a few years back - Hamilton.

What is everyone’s honest opinion about this name as a first?
    Is it too imposing (as Nameberry states) for a boy to carry?
    Could it be viewed as too pretentious sounding? I also, funnily enough, worried that E D M U N D was too pretentious sounding before we settled on the name.
    Do you think it qualifies as having all the qualities I’m looking for in a name; rich history, vintage, distinguished, air of ‘nobility’ & grandeur and not used too often?

* I read the comments section for Hamilton on NB and was surprised at the harshness of the comments, to be honest.
    *The potential nickname Ham doesn’t put me off at all, by the way!

Thanks again for your help xo