Menu

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Yay or nay?

I like Greta Rose! I agree, Greta is so spunky and fun, and Rose so simple and pretty. I think Rose Greta also works, but I prefer Greta Rose. Yes, Rose is a bit filler as a middle, but it's got special meaning for you, and it's pretty! I think Greta is a lot more unexpected as a first - I would bet there are tons more girls with Rose / Rosalie / Rosa / Rosemary etc as a first name than girls named Greta. I also like that with minimal rearranging, Greta turns into Great. I think that's sort of a nice attribute.

So I really like it!

Eliza, Adeline, Felicity, Flora, Sophie, Beatrice, Rosalie, Harriet
    Charlie, Henry, Edwin, Felix, Lachlan, Leo, Wyatt,

Greta's never appealed to me, I'm not sure why, but the sounds don't feel very complimentary or flattering for me. While Greta Rose does make the name appeal a little more, I still can't get myself on board with it. Maybe Marguerite Rose?
    Haley - twenty-four - student - hockey fan
    Beatrice, Florence, Honey, Lottie | Alfie, Ben, Bertie, Daniel
    Millie, Pixie, Ruby, Tillie | Freddie, Jake, Morgan, Robbie
    girls | boys

Greta Rose is lovely. Greta seems to be making come-back.

I love it!

Greta is on top of my list too. Mostly for the same reasons that you said. I think that it's one of those names that works well on any age as another plus.
    Fur mommy to Amelia Skye, Artemis Sebastian & Fiona Beatrix

Favorite girls: Guinevere, Daisy, Clementine, Greta, Eleanor, Adeline, Felicity

Favorite boys: Colm, Ewan, Julian, Shiloh, Nolan

Greta doesnt sound boring to me, but it does sound f harsh and snappy. Even though I've never met or heard of a Greta in real life, my imagery is of a stuck-up elderly woman who threatens to hit kids with a wooden spoon for misbehaving.

Rose is noce though. It's quite overused in the middle, but would make a lovely first name
    Girls Names
    Liliana Juliet Sylvia Marcella Rosalie Evadne

Girls Middles/Honours
    Juliet Margot Vera Celia Rosalie Eleanor

Boys Names
    Griffin Elliot 'Otto' Caspian Jonas Elias Chester

Boys Middles/Honours
    Daniel Charles Bennett Piers Thomas

Totally love Greta, for all the reasons you’ve given. It’s glam, but also feisty, retro, and not too frilly.

It gives me similar vibes to names like Frida, Margo, Petra, Daphne, Zelda, Ingrid, Astrid, Saskia, Cleo, Sylvie, Vita, Ramona, Inez...

I’m also a little bit over Rose as a middle name at this point, but it flows well and has meaning to you, so thumbs up!
    ♀ J. M. (2015)
    ♂ K. V. (2017)
    ♀ A. H. (2019)

I think it's a beautiful combination!
    Joan | Felicity | Winifred | Elizabeth | Mae | Alice | Dorothy | Bernadette | Eleanor

William | Conrad | Leonard | Lionel | Barnaby | Isaac | Hugh | Grover | Harvey

I LOVE Greta and I also love that Rose has a special meaning for you. Greta and Rose sound beautiful together. I'd say go for it!

Quote Originally Posted by leafsgirl44 View Post
    Greta's never appealed to me, I'm not sure why, but the sounds don't feel very complimentary or flattering for me. While Greta Rose does make the name appeal a little more, I still can't get myself on board with it. Maybe Marguerite Rose?
    I'm not really looking for alternatives, just collecting data on how people see the name. I love the sound and meaning Greta, while Marguérite is not really my style.

For all of those suggesting rearranging the name to Rose Greta, I did consider that. However, it doesn't flow as well to my ears, so even though I adore Rose, I think it flows more smoothly with Greta in the first name position.
    Lilac Zephryine Pearl ♡ Sylvie Wildflower ♡ Isolde Winter ♡ Beatrice Moon ♡ Mirabelle Violet ♡ Clover Irene ♡

Noah Vincent ☾ Fox Ranier ☾

♡☆☾

Your baby, your choice of names. Greta Rose is lovely and different.