Menu

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: FtM Middle name

FtM Middle name

I have chosen my first name (Liam), but I've been going back and forth on a couple middle names.
    One I've been using for a while now is Eric, but I'm also considering maybe using Jordan.

I like the meaning of Eric more than Jordan, but one of my favourite musicians is Eric, so I don't know if that'll be too weird to use considering he's one of my favourite artists. However, my given middle name also starts with a 'J', so I'm kind of torn to use Jordan just to keep the same initial.

Liam Jordan flows best if that matters to you but Liam Eric sounds like the one you prefer, ao I'd go with that
    🌈Grace🌈
    Sarai Matilda|Una Adele|Sholto Felix|Percy Evander
    Inspired by...
    Tilda Genevieve|Ziggy Callum|Elsa Romilly|Lorcan Poe
    Marcy Eloise|Orion Cedric|Lorelei Ginevra|Reggie Tobias
    Waverly Clara|Romeo Loch|Clementine Anouk|Fisher Milo
    Nara Evangeline|Clyde Horatio|Aubrey Lois|Ewan Reid
    More

I love the sound of Liam Eric myself!

Perhaps a mashup of them both; Jericho. It means “City of the moon”, not sure if that’s up your alley meaning wise, but it sounds similar to Eric and has the J initial! And Liam Jericho is quite handsome too! Or maybe even Jared, for a similar sound to Eric and the J initial. Jared means “He descends”.

I hope this helps!
    A J

My Loves

Krystal Lynn • Madeleine Mae • Avery Nichole
    Clara Rhiannon • Makeda Jane • Chloë Emilia
    Elena Austen • Alice Elowen • Noa Liliana
    Lucy Leona Faye • Emma Louise

⇝ ♡ ⇜
    Evan Nathaniel • Ethan Scott • Connor Michael
    Sasha Aidan James • Mason Elliott • August Orion
    Sebastian Everett • Killian Alistair Pyrs • Jude Emrys
    Graham Millard • Henry Hayes • Nicholas Ryan Tôllver

Laugh hard. Run fast. Be kind.

Quote Originally Posted by greyblue View Post
    Liam Jordan flows best if that matters to you but Liam Eric sounds like the one you prefer, ao I'd go with that
    Love the name Liam! Agree with greyblue though, if you prefer Eric, use it!

What about Jordan Eric? I know I said I had my first name chosen, but all of a sudden I'm seriously considering using Jordan as a first name.

I like that combo too! So I am probably no help in narrowing it down...

Quote Originally Posted by sunny5 View Post
    I like that combo too! So I am probably no help in narrowing it down...
    Nah, all feedback's appreciated.

I agree that Liam Jordan has a better flow but if you prefer Eric, that's the name you should use. Eric is a common enough name that it wouldn't be weird of you to use it even if it is the name of your favorite musician.
    Liam Eric is a perfectly handsome name, so if you love it and it feels like YOU, then you should definitely use it.

Quote Originally Posted by liamftm View Post
    What about Jordan Eric? I know I said I had my first name chosen, but all of a sudden I'm seriously considering using Jordan as a first name.
    If you decide to go with Jordan as the first name, beware that unlike Liam or Eric it is also fairly common as a female name. Depending on your goals that can be a good or bad thing - if you're looking to present in a more non-binary matter then unisex names are great, but if you're looking to "assimilate" as a male then having a gender-specific name may help.

Quote Originally Posted by namefan View Post
    If you decide to go with Jordan as the first name, beware that unlike Liam or Eric it is also fairly common as a female name. Depending on your goals that can be a good or bad thing - if you're looking to present in a more non-binary matter then unisex names are great, but if you're looking to "assimilate" as a male then having a gender-specific name may help.
    I'm also considering the year I was born, and how common Jordan and Liam were then. Jordan and Eric were in the top 30 for boys, whereas Liam was in the 300s. I'd also like a more common name from my generation, and I already pass 95% of the time so I'm not worried about people assuming I'm "female".