Menu
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Persephone Wildflower Louise - honoring my dad?

Hey Berries!
    My top contender girl name is Persephone Wildflower Louise. Unfortunately it doesn’t honor my dad in any way and it’s important to me that it does. Wildflower and Louise honor my mom so I feel bad that he’s not honored at all in any of my names. It’s just so hard to find honor names that I like.

My dads name is Emmett Ford. His birth month is not useable and I’m not really a fan of the birthstone either. My name is Emma so I can’t use that or any variant at all. (see my problem lol)

Is there a way I can come with a way to honor him in this name? I’m willing to give up Wildflower but not Louise (Louise is a MUST when naming a daughter in my fam).

Thank you so much for helping me!

(Note: not expecting, just collecting)
    Last edited by emmalou23; September 8th, 2019 at 01:00 AM.
    Emma Louise - future zookeeper, current namenerd

Cassius Mercury "Cash" . Ianthe Venus "Thea" . Augustine Earth "Gus" . Caspian Mars "Cap" . Elias Jupiter "Jem" . Alexandria Saturn "Alex" . Ezekiel Uranus "Zeke" . Koa Neptune "Kip"

Human to dogs Carmel, Rainier Paxton, Ryder James, and Jay Gatsby "Gatz", and kitten Phinneas McDougal

There's still a few things you could do.

1. Use the name or a really similar name. I'm not sure what you mean by a variant of Emma, if you mean a direct version of Emma or just something that sounds too similar, so I'm throwing in a couple that might not work for you.

Persephone Ford Louise
    Persephone Emerson Louise
    Persephone Emilia Louise
    Persephone Emmeline Louise
    Persephone Emerald Louise

2. Emmett means "truth" and so do a great list of girl's names.

Persephone Verity Louise
    Persephone Vera Louise
    Persephone True Louise
    Persephone Viera Louise
    Persephone Aletha Louise
    Persephone Alethea Louise
    Persephone Satyana Louise
    Persephone Alice Louise

"Ford" refers to a river crossing, so maybe Persephone River Louise?

3. His initials are E.F., maybe the nickname Effie could be a subtle nod? A Persephone Wildflower Louise could easily go by Effie.

4. You could give her a name inspired by him. An experience or special place that you and he share or something he's really interested in.

Grace
    Sarai Matilda|Cherith Eliza|Sholto Felix|Tristan Rafferty
    Una Adele|Mabli Charlotte|Percy Evander|Otto Elias
    Cleo Tallulah|Lois Aurelia|Jesse Peregrine|Bram Atticus
    Maeve Emily|Sloane Felicity|Linus Theodore|Jude Amadeus

This might be too much of a stretch but I think Persephone Louise Amethyst would be amazing. Bonus points if your dad was born in February.

@galilei+katerina
    By variant of Emma I meant like Emmeline, Emily, etc bc I don't want it to seem like I'm honoring myself and not him. I love Emerson tho. Does Persephone Emerson Louise flow?
    I really like Vera, Alethea, and Satyana and I adore River as well!

@greyblue
    I love the idea of using a name that ends in et. Violet and Harriet are great!
    I also love Ember. Persephone Louise Ember is amazing!

@suzannah
    I adore the name Amethyst and is would definitely be the one but unfortunately he wasn't born in February

Thank you all so much for your suggestions!

Cassius Mercury "Cash" . Ianthe Venus "Thea" . Augustine Earth "Gus" . Caspian Mars "Cap" . Elias Jupiter "Jem" . Alexandria Saturn "Alex" . Ezekiel Uranus "Zeke" . Koa Neptune "Kip"

Human to dogs Carmel, Rainier Paxton, Ryder James, and Jay Gatsby "Gatz", and kitten Phinneas McDougal

I haven't got any suggestions, but just wanted to say that Persephone Wildflower Louise is absolutely stunning! I especially love the Persephone Wildflower part, it's so unique and charming and bohemian, and Louise grounds the whole name.
    ~Love names, literature, royals and horses~ <3

Favourite names:
    Girls: Azalea, Cordelia, Elizabeth, Rosalind, Scarlett, Felicity, Juliet
    Boys: Fitzwilliam, Sebastian, Percival, Oliver, Darcy, Orlando

Persephone Wildflower Louise sounds magical! My first thought was Persephone Forsythia Louise.
    What's your father's favorite song, book, holiday, color, animal, place...? I think you may find some good options based on that. What about his zodiac sign?

Other ideas:
    Persephone Forest Louise
    Persephone Fortune Louise
    Persephone Summer Louise
    Persephone Gemma Louise
    Persephone Louise Garnet
    Persephone Louise Margaret
    Persephone Emery Louise
    Persephone Emory Louise
    Persephone Irma Louise
    Persephone Honor Louise
    Alice Marigold | Agatha Noelle | Aurora Violet | Isabella Wren | Magdalena Ruby | Margot Felicity |
    Rosalie Moon | Serena Jasmine | Victoria Primrose | Valentina Skye

Alexander Matthias | Benjamin Arthur | Edmund Philip | Frederick Lewis | Gabriel Vincent | Henry Theodore |
    Liam Hawthorne | Lucas Nightingale | Sebastian Thomas | William Bravery

@bonfireazalea
    Thank you so much!

@estrela
    His favorite book is a Star Wars book so that wouldn't work lol but I love your other options and will definitely be looking into them. Also his zodiac sign does work pretty well and I think i might be using that.
    I love your suggestions of Forest, Emory and Honor! Thank you!

Firstly, Persephone Wildflower Louise is HEAVENLY!! What a darling combination!!

My first thought for honouring Emmett was Emerson or Emmeline, which I love for a girl. You could always go a little left field, and choose a name with the same meaning as Emmett rather than the same sound... such as Irma or Ailynn....

Persephone Ailynn Wildflower would be very pretty!
    twenty seven // wifey // photographer
    cups of tea // spring time // books // gardening
    TTC #1 late 2020

Persephone | Mercedes | Kalliope
    Endelyon | Saoirse | Xanthippe
    Othello | Atlas | Peregrine | Phoebus
    Onyx | Roman | Ignatius | Casper

I'm so glad that I could help you! I think Estelle, Stella, Astra, Esther and Seren could work.
    Good luck!
    Alice Marigold | Agatha Noelle | Aurora Violet | Isabella Wren | Magdalena Ruby | Margot Felicity |
    Rosalie Moon | Serena Jasmine | Victoria Primrose | Valentina Skye

Alexander Matthias | Benjamin Arthur | Edmund Philip | Frederick Lewis | Gabriel Vincent | Henry Theodore |
    Liam Hawthorne | Lucas Nightingale | Sebastian Thomas | William Bravery