Menu

Is Decima too wacky?

Decima is, in my opinion, an amazing girl’s name. Deci is such a sweet nn, too! It’s been on my gp list for a while now, and the only thing stopping me from using it is that it’s one letter away from being decimal. Do you think Decima is unusable because of this, or is it something you think could work?
    Valeria | Top 15

Girls:

Adelaide Philomena*Bella Josephine*Celia Rosemary*Cleo Geneviva*Danica Finch*Darcy Juniper*Eloise Inzhu*Emmeline Susannah*Evangeline Pomona*Linnea Lilac*Lydia Ruby*Jessamine River*Miriam Willow*Talia Maxine*Tessa Meredith

Boys:

Alexei Andreas*Alfonso Wade*Asa Wolf*Bowie Scott*Calvin Dashiell*Casey Balthazar*Eli Buchanan*Gabriel Viridian*Jeremiah Woodrow*Klaus Adriano*Malachi Vander*Marshall Winston*Nikita Erasyl*Percy Ambrose*Samwell Ulysses

Do you speak Spanish? I wouldn’t use the name just because of that. Sorry, I think it’s quite strange to name a child like a number. What about Desiree/Désirée, it sounds similar and can go by Desi/Deci? It also has such a beautiful meaning!

Decimal comes to mind, as well decimate and dismal.
    I would suggest Demi.

@alva8085

No, I don’t speak Spanish and I was not good at all in the subject at school. It didn’t even cross my mind that Decima meant ten in Spanish, but that doesn’t really bother me. However, we do live in a place with many Spanish-speakers so that might be a problem. I like the name Desiree, but I don’t want to use it because it is basically the word desire with an extra e at the end and I don’t really like that connection.

EDIT: Would Desma be a better option? Is it too childish?
    Last edited by valeria8888; September 7th, 2019 at 01:10 PM.
    Valeria | Top 15

Girls:

Adelaide Philomena*Bella Josephine*Celia Rosemary*Cleo Geneviva*Danica Finch*Darcy Juniper*Eloise Inzhu*Emmeline Susannah*Evangeline Pomona*Linnea Lilac*Lydia Ruby*Jessamine River*Miriam Willow*Talia Maxine*Tessa Meredith

Boys:

Alexei Andreas*Alfonso Wade*Asa Wolf*Bowie Scott*Calvin Dashiell*Casey Balthazar*Eli Buchanan*Gabriel Viridian*Jeremiah Woodrow*Klaus Adriano*Malachi Vander*Marshall Winston*Nikita Erasyl*Percy Ambrose*Samwell Ulysses

If you like the name Desi/Deci, maybe try these:
    Adesina
    Destiny
    Decia
    A/Edessa
    Odessa
    Destin
    Desdemona
    Desideria

I agree with others that Decima makes me immediately think of Decimate.
    Step-mommy to Piper Isabella ♥
    Auntie to Octavia Lorraine ♥

Winter Analiese ♥ Rowan Elizabeth ♥ Violet Emerson ♥ Beyla Noelle ♥ Willow Marie ♥ Rosalie Wilder ♥ Averi Jessamine ♥ Arden Claire ♥ Emelia Violet ♥ Mirabel James ♥ Elowen Marie

Talon Claymore ♥ Bennett Avery ♥ Arlo James ♥ Rex Michael ♥ Oliver Calvin ♥ Henry Alexander ♥ Bronson Michael

Thanks everyone! You’ve successfully convinced me that (most) names on the gp list, stay on the gp list.
    Valeria | Top 15

Girls:

Boys: