Menu

Shared Nursery Theme Ideas?

We just moved into an actual house (from a one bedroom efficiency) and now my three year old stepdaughter will have her own room, finally ♥

We are so excited to decorate it for her, but it will eventually be shared with her baby brother or sister.

I'm extremely motivated to start making our house a home, so I want to get started on the decorating, even if at this point it is only for her.

What are some cute gender neutral toddler/nursery theme ideas? Of course, I am going to take her with me and let her pick things out so it feels like "hers" But I'll guide her a little bit to stay within theme. I feel like either way she'll be excited to help decorate. And yes, I plan to let her choose between themes.

Our ideas so far:

Pond theme (green, frogs, turtles, ducklings)

Adventure theme (Mountains, hot air balloons, trees, etc)

Woodland (Trees, baby forest animals)

Elephants (grey with purple- her favorite color, that way we can incorporate that and still stick to elephants. Then if we have a boy, we can incorporate blue if we want to as well)

Foxes (because they're just so cute)
    Current favorites:

Winter AnnaliseRowan ElizabethBeyla NoelleArden ClaireEmelia VioletMirabel JamesRosalie Wilder

Talon ClaymoreBennett AveryArlo JamesRex MichaelOliver CalvinHenry Alexander

Step-mommy to Piper Isabella ♥
    Auntie to Octavia Lorraine ♥

My favorite theme is probably elephants. Maybe dogs would work too? Dog wallpaper and dog stuffed animals? Or the same but with cats?
    Valeria | Top 15

Girls:

Avalon Odessa|Calypso Ottilie|Celia Josephine|Danica Rosalie|Eloise Anara|Gwenyth Claire|Iris Philomena|Jillian Edith|Leona Juniper|Marcia Luelle|Miriam Suzette|Nova Juliette|Sally Victrice|Thalia Maxine|Theodora Finch

Boys:

Alexei Andreas|Casey Travis|Caspian Ulysses|Cecil Remus|Elliott Wolf|Indiana Matthias|Josiah Halcyon|Malachi Vander|Octavian Ocean|Russell Winter|Samuel Phoenix|Scott Balthazar|Shepherd Orion|Silvio Buchanan|Wilson Giuseppe