Menu

Iris? Is it going to be extremely popular?

Wdyt of Iris? Is it going to sound overdone in a few years? Destined to be in the top 50?

Thoughts?
    TIA
    Please stay home

Sorry for my English. Its not my first language, and I try my best

It’s ranked at #138 I can see it getting more popular, but not in the top 50. I see it a lot on her but I’ve never meet anyone with the name.
    Niñas
    Juliette Moon| Rosalie Jude| Camila Wren| Ianthe Willow| Ariadne Snow| Theodora Lark| Demetria Inez| Juno Aurelia

Niños
    Holden River| Nico Evander| Arlo Jasper| Ezra Wolf-Ezra Dimitri| Alaric Sage| Sylvan Rune

I think these types of things are hard to predict now. I know two little girls named Iris. It's one of my favorite names.

It is very difficult to predict popularity but it is a pretty name so I would guess that it will become more popular but if it is the one you love, I think that is more important than discarding it for a less-loved name. Iris is lovely!

Iris is fairly popular but I agree with lauren.ley that it won't crack the top 50, at least not in a time frame that would affect a baby born in the next year or two (or three.) So not excessively popular. It would be unlikely for Iris to have another Iris in class. She may meet one on the playground or a couple around school, but it won't be everywhere the way say Emma or Amelia is.
    Archimedes "Archie" Theodore 08/22/2016

Oleander Sebastian?
    Dorian Alphonse?

Vote on my boy names [here].

Names we've ruled out:
    Viridian, Cornelius, Peregrine.

Isadora Eponine? Cornelia Beatrice/Cornelia Odette? Octavia Marguerite?

Vote on my girl names [here].

Names we've ruled out:
    Euphemia, Beatrix, Philippa.

It’s a name you hear a lot on here but I don’t think that translates to real life yet. In saying that, whilst it isn’t in the top 100 here (Australia) I can see it potentially coming into it in the next few years... maybe. I know one Iris and considered it for my daughter. It’s a beautiful name! I think it’s kind of like Margot: popular on here and definitely on the rise but not actually widely used. Not yet at least!

The UK stats tend to be a reasonable guide in my experience, and Iris is already in the bottom half of the Top 100 over here, and rising. I don’t think it’s conventionally “pretty” enough to reach Top 10, but I can see it reaching the 50-60 level in a few years. Likewise, Margot just entered the Too 100 over here and is rising fast!
    ♀ J. M. (2015)
    ♂ K. V. (2017)
    ♀ A. H. (2019)