Menu

Question Thoughts on the baby name Winter?

I love and adore this baby name, it’s something more unique to the classic and more popular ‘summer’ and ‘autumn’.

I only know two winters, my friend who’s in her 20’s, born in February, gets called Winnie as a nickname, which I also adore, and My Other friend who’s just had a baby in July named her daughter Winter. Nothing more to it than she loved the name and thinks it’s adorable.

Just curious about it, it’s a very seasonal name that is obviously linked to the end of the year and the colder months but the two people I know haven’t been born in winter at all. I also know a baby summer born in November.

Thoughts on this baby name? I would totally go for it if I had another girl.
    Last edited by mrsdeluca1990; September 4th, 2019 at 04:31 AM.

I think Winter is cute! I dont think it matters too much about when the baby was born - I know lots of women named April, June and May who werent born in those months, and even a September born in March!
    ◦•●✿haley✿●•◦
    abigail ✿ addyson ✿ ella ✿ emily ✿ kennedy ✿ logan
    mackenzie ✿ madison ✿ mia ✿ savannah ✿ sydney ✿ zoey

Winter is probably my absolute favorite name in the world. But then again, the season brings out the best in me. I love snow, everything cold. When there's a heavy snowfall and you wake up and the entire world is still and coated with white, each branch outlined against a beautiful grey sky... ugh. Its so beautiful it takes my breath away. Winter just fills me with such a childlike wonder.

I've vetoed it with a heavy heart though because it just does not sound good with my last name. Winter Tucker.
    And it also does not sound good alongside my stepdaughter's name.

I've got such a soft spot for it though that I keep coming back to it and there's a chance it'll stay on my list anyway.
    Step-mommy to Piper Isabella ♥
    Auntie to Octavia Lorraine ♥

Winter Analiese ♥ Rowan Elizabeth ♥ Beyla Noelle ♥ Rosalie Wilder ♥ Arden Claire ♥ Mirabel James ♥ Aila Marie

Finley Michael ♥ Bennett Avery ♥ Arlo James ♥ Rex Michael ♥ Oliver Calvin ♥ Henry Alexander

Winter is a beautiful name very interesting name! I would consider it for the middle name spot.
    I don't think it matter if the baby was born during winter or not. Probably, I would think that Winter's parents love that season and that name. Perhaps they wanted to honor a friend/family member that was born in Winter or maybe they wanted a connection with a special date or a special place (wedding, anniversary, vacation) for them.
    Alice Marigold | Agatha Noelle | Aurora Violet | Isabella Wren | Magdalena Ruby | Margot Felicity |
    Rosalie Moon | Serena Jasmine | Victoria Primrose | Valentina Skye

Alexander Matthias | Benjamin Arthur | Edmund Philip | Frederick Lewis | Gabriel Vincent | Henry Theodore |
    Liam Hawthorne | Lucas Nightingale | Sebastian Thomas | William Bravery

Love Winter! So pretty and the imagery is lovely.
    Niñas
    Juliette Moon| Rosalie Jude| Camila Wren| Ianthe Willow| Ariadne Snow| Theodora Lark| Demetria Inez| Juno Aurelia

Niños
    Holden River| Nico Evander| Arlo Jasper| Ezra Wolf-Ezra Dimitri| Alaric Sage| Sylvan Rune

Not my style but as far as word names go it's one of the best in my opinion. I love the nickname Winnie!
    rachel

Delilah - Camilla - Geneva - Ida - Valentine
    Ronan - Arthur - Gabriel - Clayton - Declan - Matthew - Bennett

I wouldn't name a child Winter, boy or girl. It's just too icy for me.

I think it’s super cute!
    Rachel Elise

fur loves are Snickers, Mirabel, Sybil, & Rita

Maggie Olivia is coming sometime around 02/26/2020
    ...and so the countdown begins...8 days until due date!

Some other favorites
    Tessa Penelope & Rosie Eleanor
    Owen Thatcher & Jude Bellamy

I think it's great, but I'd personally prefer it in a middle slot, even if she's called "Winnie" formally.

I Love Winter! And nn Winnie!
    It would totally be on my name list if it suited our last name.
    Olive Margaret / 21.10.18

Ginny Florence
    Fay Marigold
    Cleo Seraphina
    -Edie-Delphi-Marcy-Fifer-Romy-Lauren-Alma-

Dustin James
    Grady Stefan
    Chester Maxwell
    -Edwin-Reggie-Lennox-Fergus-Murphy-Casper-