Menu

Ciaran's brother (& honoring grandfathers)

We already have one son, Ciaran Edison. His middle name is Edison to honor his dad, Edward. We've recently found out that we're expecting a second son and we want to honor both of his grandfathers, Michael and John. We don't want to use their exact names but maybe a variant or something with a similar meaning or sound. We don't mind which one is the first name and which is the middle name as long as they're both included. Or maybe we could somehow combine them into one name and use it as the middle. Then we could choose whatever we want for the first name.
    Last edited by 61maddy; August 31st, 2019 at 05:19 PM.

Toryn Matthew Benjamin➳Vivian Asher Night➳Ambrose Lucian Hale➳Kayne Archer Maxwell➳Thayer Sebastian Jude➳Roman Castiel Lane➳Jensen Connor James➳River Elliot Finn➳Severin Oskar Grey➳Arrow Nathaniel Winter➳Sabin Emery Shaw➳Gunner Dean Hendrix➳Atreyu Emerson Kade➳Spencer Uriah Poe➳Dorian Patrick Wolfe➳Merlin Everett Nash➳Audric Hadeon Levi

Olwyn Felicity Jane➵Laken Akela Blythe➵Willow Genevieve Grace➵Salem Annora Rose➵Calliope Scarlett Rain➵Nevara Isabelle Jade➵Heulyn Seraphina Snow

Thanks, I like those. Jackson Micah is my favorite of those names.

Ian and Ivan are both variations of John. I like Micah a lot as an honor for Michael. I also thought of Miles or Milo for the prominent "mi-" sound, and it turns out they come from the Slavic milu, which means "gracious." John means "God is gracious." So Miles or Milo could, at a stretch, encompass both names.

Esmond also comes from a root meaning "grace."

Esmond Miles
    Ian Micah
    Ian Milo
    Jack Milo
    Jackson Miles
    Micah Esmond
    Miles Ian
    Miles Ivan
    Miles Jackson
    Milo Jackson
    My Lists
    Bird + Birding Baby Names // species names + notable naturalists
    Texas Inspired Baby Names // paying homage to the Lone Star State
    Nautical Baby Names // inspired by sailors + the deep blue sea
    The Golden Age of Detective Fiction // timeless characters + the writers who created them
    Hobbit Baby Names // botanical, medieval + gemstone names from the Shire
    Medieval Names for a Modern Baby // unusual names + surnames from historic rosters

I think Owen and Ciaran would be lovely.

Ciaran Edison and Owen Miles

Micah Shane was my first thought

Micah Johan
    Jonas Mikhail
    Mitchell Ivan

Thanks, I think Miles/Milo could work for both names. I like Jack or Jackson with Miles or Milo. Owen Miles and Micah Shane do with well with Ciaran too, I like them together.

Jackson Miles would make a great brother for Ciaran

Hi there.

I love the name Ciaran. I think that a Gaelic form of John would be great as a brother to Ciaran. Iain or Evan probably make the most sense. I also like Ivan, even though it's not Gaelic like Ciaran. Micah is a nice mn idea. May be nice as a fn too. Or you could always do just Jack as a fn.

Hope this helps.
    Fur mommy to Amelia Skye, Artemis Sebastian & Fiona Beatrix

Favorite girls: Guinevere, Eleanor, Clementine, Gerty

Favorite boys: Colm, Ewan, Nolan, Shiloh