Menu

Subtle Theme for Names

To start with, I am not pregnant right now. I am, however, thinking of what I would like to name my future children. I want a larger family (4 children), on my own or with my future husband (provided he agrees).

I have the names mostly figured out, but am stumped on one of them. Each of the names I like honors a family member or close friend (both first and middle), although some are variations on the actual name. In addition, I wanted double middle names (the names are all pretty short but packed with meaning), with all to be nature themed without being obvious -- yes, I figured out how to do this while still using honor names (i.e. my MN, Lee, means meadow).

3 of the names hold to this, but the 4th is a sticking point. I like the nature themed middle name so much I would like it as a first name, but it would break the mold. I am not sure what I should do. Do I stick to the pattern set for the other 3 or do I switch it up and break the mold for that 1 child only?

What would you do in this situation?
    Last edited by shells15; December 20th, 2019 at 05:04 AM.
    Shelly

Orestina Lee Alani "Risa" ~ Tegan Sunniva Kai "Teak" ~ Theodore Matthew Elias "Todd" ~ Sebastian Mark Everett "Baz"

Thinking About:
    Orestina Lee Kai ~ Tegan Jane Yousuke ~ Elowen Ardyth Rain ~ Indra Mae Dysis ~ Elva Georgiana Seren
    Saskia Juniper Einara ~ Yara Jane Jora ~ Isla Maris Sunniva
    ~ Theodore Matsu Elias ~ Sebastian Bodhi Scott ~ Rory Liam Rinji
    Phineas Orion Bay ~ Jacob Micah Atlas ~ Donald Christian Koa ~ Jamison Robin Koray ~ Mark Everett Taiki

If you love the name and it's still full of meaning, I'd still use it, even if it broke the pattern
    Grace
    Sarai Matilda|Cherith Eliza|Sholto Felix|Tristan Rafferty
    Una Adele|Mabli Charlotte|Percy Evander|Otto Elias
    Cleo Tallulah|Lois Aurelia|Jesse Peregrine|Bram Atticus
    Maeve Emily|Sloane Felicity|Linus Theodore|Jude Amadeus

I appreciate the quick response. I believe that I will stick with the first name I love and use the other as a MN. The name on a whole will still stick to the "theme" I want, just in a different order than the others.

Thank you.
    Last edited by shells15; December 20th, 2019 at 05:04 AM.
    Shelly

Orestina Lee Alani "Risa" ~ Tegan Sunniva Kai "Teak" ~ Theodore Matthew Elias "Todd" ~ Sebastian Mark Everett "Baz"

Thinking About:
    Orestina Lee Kai ~ Tegan Jane Yousuke ~ Elowen Ardyth Rain ~ Indra Mae Dysis ~ Elva Georgiana Seren
    Saskia Juniper Einara ~ Yara Jane Jora ~ Isla Maris Sunniva
    ~ Theodore Matsu Elias ~ Sebastian Bodhi Scott ~ Rory Liam Rinji
    Phineas Orion Bay ~ Jacob Micah Atlas ~ Donald Christian Koa ~ Jamison Robin Koray ~ Mark Everett Taiki