Menu

Thread: Phoebe?

Phoebe?

So today DH mentioned that he likes the name Phoebe if we ever had a girl. I was a bit surprised because he's never really talked much about girl names that he likes. (We have twin boys so no need yet)
    What are your opinions on the name Phoebe? Does it seem classic, trendy, dated etc? What kind of girl does the name Phoebe make you think of?
    Our boys are Arthur and Jasper. Would a Phoebe fit in with them?
    TIA
    Mommy to twins Arthur Robert and Jasper Steven 💞

Thinking of: Phoebe Rosalind or Griffin Orlando

*Murray*Fabian*Florian*Griffin*Lachlan*Harry*
    *Barnaby*Bellamy*Felix*Marius*Jonas*Frederick*
    *Cornelius*Basil*Kit*Valentine*Murphy*Victor*

*Eliza*Kerensa*Celeste*Rosalind*Opal*Cleo*
    *Iris*Harriet*Helena*Delphine*Sylvie*
    *Wilhelmina*Ivy*Hero*Phoebe*
    *Clara*Vivian*Winifred*Victoria*Blythe*

Love Phoebe! It’s unique but recognizable. I love that in Greek mythology Phoebe is the Titan goddess of brightness, very fitting because when I think of a girl with this name I think of her exuding brightness through all the stages of her life. I think this name ages very well. I think of Phoebe loving nature, sitting under trees and dancing in the rain. Phoebe also gives a witchy vibe, in a good way, herbs and flowy dresses. I also like the association with Friends, Phoebe was always my favorite character, she embodies a Phoebe; she doesn’t care what others think, always the individual.
    Niñas
    Juliette Moon| Rosalie Jude| Camila Wren| Ianthe Willow| Ariadne Snow| Theodora Lark| Demetria Inez| Juno Aurelia

Niños
    Holden River| Nico Evander| Arlo Jasper| Ezra Wolf-Ezra Dimitri| Alaric Sage| Sylvan Rune

Love Phoebe! It's so sweet, funky but matute. It works well with Arthur and Jasper (which are brilliant btw!)
    Grace
    Sarai Matilda|Cherith Eliza|Sholto Felix|Tristan Rafferty
    Una Adele|Mabli Charlotte|Percy Evander|Otto Elias
    Cleo Tallulah|Lois Aurelia|Jesse Peregrine|Bram Atticus
    Maeve Emily|Sloane Felicity|Linus Theodore|Jude Amadeus

Phoebe is lovely and I couldn't think of a better name for a sister to your boys. I see it as vintage chic like your boys' names, slightly quirky and fun but with hints of gentleness and seriousness as well.

I want to love Phoebe but have never been able to. The only one I've known was really cool and now does costume design for film and theatre. So I get a quirky, creative vibe from it. Goes great with Arthur and Jasper.

I love Phoebe! I think it fits perfectly with both of your sons' names.
    teenberry | 16 | usa

Ladies
    aviva jane . tigerlily louisa . rowan skye . brontë amelia . zoella maisie . oakley nora . piper charlotte . alice simone . brynn victoria . abigail marie
    Gentlemen
    alexander william . felix george . nathaniel benjamin . lucas scott . markus leo . maxwell james . edison luke . phineas matthew . james robert . jack foster

I like Phoebe. I think it's a same that can fit any sort of person, which is a huge bonus for me. It goes really well with your boys
    Girls Names
    Mavis Sylvia Lyra Evadne Ilaria

Girls Middles/Honours
    Juliet Margot Vera Celia Rosalie Eleanor

Boys Names
    Elliot Griffin August Lysander Atticus

Boys Middles/Honours
    Daniel Charles Jonas Piers Thomas

I like it a lot — it’s adorable on a little girl but ages really well. I like the sunny associations and the upbeat sound.

Elodie Cora, Violet Isabelle, Juliette Simone,
    Lila Genevieve, Clara Madeleine

Theo Sebastian, Atticus James, Caleb Alexander, Benjamin Joseph

Thanks for all the replies! I'm glad to know that Phoebe gets so many positive reactions. I've always liked Phoebe but it's been in the background and I've never really seriously considered it. I think it's really sweet that DH likes it though and I definitely like it enough to use it if it was his favorite.
    Mommy to twins Arthur Robert and Jasper Steven 💞

Thinking of: Phoebe Rosalind or Griffin Orlando

*Murray*Fabian*Florian*Griffin*Lachlan*Harry*
    *Barnaby*Bellamy*Felix*Marius*Jonas*Frederick*
    *Cornelius*Basil*Kit*Valentine*Murphy*Victor*

*Eliza*Kerensa*Celeste*Rosalind*Opal*Cleo*
    *Iris*Harriet*Helena*Delphine*Sylvie*
    *Wilhelmina*Ivy*Hero*Phoebe*
    *Clara*Vivian*Winifred*Victoria*Blythe*