Menu
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Which of these spellings would be less hassle?

Hi there.

I am wondering which combo would be less hassle spelling wise.

The combos to choose from are...
    Lucy Isabel
    Lucy Isabelle
    Lucy Isobel
    Lucie Isabel
    Lucie Isabelle
    Lucie Isobel

For Lucy/Lucie... I love both spellings now however my boyfriend vastly prefers Lucie.

Isabel/Isabelle... We both like these spellings. Isabelle more me and Isabel more my boyfriend.

Isobel... We both love this spelling but we pronounce Isobel differently to Isabel and Isabelle. We emphasize the O sound. Is this the correct pronunciation or are we just setting her up for having to correct people?

Any thoughts?

Also would you mind commenting on which spellings look the nicest together?

Thanks all.

I think the Lucy spelling is the way to go. With Lucie you would have to be constantly correcting people. As for the middle I think all three would be perfectly fine. I prefer Lucy Isobel. I think it looks and sounds beautiful and tailored!

Lucy Isabel is the cleanest out of all your options IMO. A gorgeous combination.
    Teenberry | Amateur Photographer and editor | Human to cats Toffee & Fudge

Adelina Rose ♡ Magdalena Ruby ♡ Edith Matilda ♡ Helena Margot ♡ Ophelia Maeve ♡ Anneliese Charlotte ♡ Sienna Giselle
    &
    Leo Arthur James ☆ Alexander George ☆ Isaac Peregrine ☆ Harry Lysander ☆ Arlo Sebastian ☆ Viggo Florian ☆ Nicholas Ivor

Crushes: Sierra + Aurora + Delilah + Altair
    GP Crushes: Ximena + Siofra + Olina

Isabel or Isabelle would be the easiest but it’s also a middle name, so it won’t have to be spelled all that often. I vastly prefer Isabel because it looks cleaner.

I think Lucy would be easiest but if your partner prefers Lucie, I don’t think it will be a hassle. She’ll have to correct people but it’s likely she’d have to anyways. I correct people all the time and Abby is the most common spelling.
    Abby | 20 | Psychology Student | Writer

flower children

savvy matilda | indie azalea | dove cecily | mauve astrid | scout cordelia
    arrow daphne | story lucille | lux harriet | olive cressida | boheme louisa
    fable annora | summit ophelia | atlas lavinia | roux lilia | cove florence

💜

Lucy Isabelle or Lucy Isobel (with the o emphasised) would be the least hassle for me
    Grace
    Sarai Matilda|Cherith Eliza|Sholto Felix|Tristan Rafferty
    Una Adele|Mabli Charlotte|Percy Evander|Otto Elias
    Cleo Tallulah|Lois Aurelia|Jesse Peregrine|Bram Atticus
    Maeve Emily|Sloane Felicity|Linus Theodore|Jude Amadeus

I personally would go with Lucy Isabel or Lucy Isobel. I’m guessing most, at least in the states, would assume the Lucy spelling. I would not assume any spelling with Isabel/Isobel/Isabelle. I would ask the person. Not difficult or an issue.

Henry Everett GrayJack Rowan AugustTheodore Milo AtlasOliver Bennett Wolf
    Charlotte Eliza BirdieSophie Anne LavenderPoppy Isobel Margaret

“A person’s a person, no matter how small”

heart my son
    • • • • • • • • •

I would also go with Lucy Isabel or Lucy Isabelle. I believe these are the most intuitive spellings.
    Alice Marigold | Agatha Noelle | Aurora Violet | Isabella Wren | Magdalena Ruby | Margot Felicity |
    Rosalie Moon | Serena Jasmine | Victoria Primrose | Valentina Skye

Alexander Matthias | Benjamin Arthur | Edmund Philip | Frederick Lewis | Gabriel Vincent | Henry Theodore |
    Liam Hawthorne | Lucas Nightingale | Sebastian Thomas | William Bravery

I think it depends where you live. If someone said the name to me I would write Lucy Isabelle. I'm in UK though.

To me Lucy Isabel looks the most appealing and straight-forward.

Where I live (UK), Isobel is pronounced exactly the same as Isabel - IZ-uh-bel.

Lucy Isabel would be easiest, but I think all of the spellings you are considering are legitimate and would work well enough. I love the Lucie and Isobel spellings.
    Ellen Virginia * Nancy Eleanor * May Genevieve * Celia Madeleine * Audrey Claire * Bess Emilia
    Nathaniel Francis * Leo Edmund * Benedict Henry * Virgil Blaise * Joseph Malachi * Timothy Jerome

Also Liking: OONA MUIRGHEAL * Siobhan Brigid * Cassandra Niamh * Miranda Kate *
    Sybil Josephine * Edith Augusta * Catherine Ginevra * Molly Catriona *