Menu

What do you think of Aitziber for a girl?

It’s a Basque name.

I think if it's a cultural name for the family, it has a nice meaning/honor to it, but on first glance I'm not quite sure how to pronounce it. I'm saying eye-tse-ber, which feels a little masculine and heavy to me, Aitzi could be a cute nickname though. Overall not my style, but it has a history to it, so I like it more than other unique names!

Aoife Rosemary
    Jasper Edmund

Anya ○ Nuala ○ Julia ○ Thea ○ Skye ○ Maeve
    Eamon ○ Miles ○ Anders ○ Magnus ○ Joel ○ James

I’d pronounce it either like lightsaber without the L or how PP spelled the way they’re saying it. It’s not a name that I find personally appealing and would find it a bit strange if I met one without Basque in their background. Even if they did have a Basque background, if they lived in a different country, I think it would be best kept in the middle spot.
    Rachel Elise

fur loves are Snickers, Mirabel, Sybil, & Rita

Maggie Olivia is coming sometime around 02/26/2020
    ...and so the countdown begins...8 days until due date!

Some other favorites
    Tessa Penelope & Rosie Eleanor
    Owen Thatcher & Jude Bellamy

I guess my main question would be, how is it pronounced? I wouldn't even know where to begin.
    Just keep in mind you would have to explain it endlessly to people, and your child would, too.

It is beautiful on paper, though. Or, screen, rather.
    Step-mommy to Piper Isabella ♥
    Auntie to Octavia Lorraine ♥

Winter Analiese ♥ Rowan Elizabeth ♥ Beyla Noelle ♥ Rosalie Wilder ♥ Arden Claire ♥ Mirabel James ♥ Aila Marie

Finley Michael ♥ Bennett Avery ♥ Arlo James ♥ Rex Michael ♥ Oliver Calvin ♥ Henry Alexander

I don't see anything wrong with using it, as long as you're prepared to explain its origin and pronunciation (if you're not in a country where Basque names are common). I think it has a lot of good nickname options. Ita, Zibby, Aitzi, Tibby, etc.

If it fits with your culture then you use it but personally I feel like it's hard to pronounce and wouldn't be a cute name, sorry.
    Faith
    Teen Berry
    Planning ahead, not expecting just yet.

Francis Levi "Frankie" Farrah Grace "Fairy"
    Freddy Jude "Fred" Felicity Hope "Lissy"
    Fletcher Grey Fawn Loralie

Crushes: Finnian "Finn", Forest Michael "Rory", Felix Isaiah "Fox", Fiona Maeve "Fia", Febe Natasha, Freya Rosemary