• Ella Katherine

7 12.96%
  • Arabella Katriona

4 7.41%
  • Arabella Katherine

12 22.22%
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Baby girl name poll

We're mulling over names for our baby girl. Both my husband and I prefer classic feminine names like Elizabeth, Margaret, and Katherine. Additionally, Ella is a family name that we both love so we are considering using a name that can lead to that NN. We are thinking it's best to avoid using Ella using on it's own to avoid feelings of preferential treatment towards one side of the family.

We also don't mind names that are pretty popular as none of the names selected belong to anyone we know.

Baby girl has two older brothers that have very distinctively Scottish names and our family name is very Scottish though we're in North America.
    Last edited by babymacsmom; August 27th, 2019 at 02:16 PM.

I love Isabella Katriona for you! I believe it has everything you're looking for. It is tradicional and girly. It also has a beautiful Scottish feeling and the nickname Ella as an option. Based on your description I think it goes very well with your oldest children's names. Isabella Katriona is a gorgeous name!
    My second choice is Charlotte Katriona or Arabella Katriona. I would love to suggest Margaret Katriona!
    Alice Marigold | Agatha Noelle | Aurora Violet | Isabella Wren | Magdalena Ruby | Margot Felicity |
    Rosalie Moon | Serena Jasmine | Victoria Primrose | Valentina Skye

Alexander Matthias | Benjamin Arthur | Edmund Philip | Frederick Lewis | Gabriel Vincent | Henry Theodore |
    Liam Hawthorne | Lucas Nightingale | Sebastian Thomas | William Bravery

I love Ella Katriona!

I like Isabella Katherine the best. Have you considered Eleanor/Elinor? It seems like a perfectly British classic to go along with your family and easily gets to Ella. I like Eleanor Katriona.

Arabella Katherine is gorgeous! I love Charlotte Katherine too, though Arabella had a better ring to it with Katherine for me.
    Teenberry | Amateur Photographer and editor | Human to cats Toffee & Fudge

Adelina Joy ♡ Magdalena Ruby ♡ Edith Matilda ♡ Helena Margot ♡ Ophelia Maeve ♡ Anneliese Charlotte ♡ Sienna Giselle
    &
    Leo Arthur James ☆ Alexander George ☆ Isaac Peregrine ☆ Harry Lysander ☆ Arlo Sebastian ☆ Viggo Florian ☆ Nicholas Ivor

Crushes: Mia + Juliet + Seren + Evander
    GP Crushes: Zephan + Orion + Albio

Charlotte Katriona/Katherine and Ella Katherine are my favorites. Lovely names!
    Rachel Elise

fur loves are Snickers, Mirabel, Sybil, & Rita

Maggie Olivia is coming sometime around 02/26/2020
    ...and so the countdown begins...8 days until due date!

Some other favorites
    Tessa Penelope & Rosie Eleanor
    Owen Thatcher & Jude Bellamy

Thank you all for your feedback and ideas. The poll seems pretty split, which definitely makes me feel like we have some good options to work with. Baby doesn't come for another 5 months so we have some time.

I brought up Eleanore a while ago and my husband isn't a fan. I also know two little Eleanores (though, our daughter is unlikely to cross paths with either of them socially), so for me it doesn't really feel like an option.

I'm definitely open to other suggestions that would lend themselves to the nickname Ella so if anyone has any thoughts I'd love to hear them.

Ella Katriona and Ella Katherine are my favourites.

As for suggestions:

Fenella - i like its scottish feel, and it can lead to Ella
    Isobel
    Annabel
    Imogen
    Stella

Best of luck!

Caroline. 26 year old from Brazil.

______Clara Genevieve | Lydia Primrose | Vivian Lark | Cecilia Fox | Amelia Snowdrop | Louisa Peridot |
    Beatrix Snow | Marina Bellamy

____Henry Vale | Thomas Fox | James Valentine | Theodore Leaf | Felix Peregrine | Arthur Sage |

Catriona spelled with a K really throws me off since Catriona is the Irish and Scottish linguistic variant of Katherine.
    Katherine or Katrina are fine, but Katriona just doesn't look quite right.

For this reason, I lean heavily toward your options with Katherine in the middle. My vote went to Ella Katherine, but Charlotte Katherine is lovely also!
    Archimedes "Archie" Theodore 08/22/2016

Oleander Sebastian?
    Dorian Alphonse?

Vote on my boy names [here].

Names we've ruled out:
    Viridian, Cornelius, Peregrine.

Isadora Eponine? Cornelia Beatrice/Cornelia Odette? Octavia Marguerite?

Vote on my girl names [here].

Names we've ruled out:
    Euphemia, Beatrix, Philippa.

I completely agree with spelling Catriona with a "K". Typically I wouldn't modify the spelling of a traditional name like that, but it holds specific family significance to have a middle name of Katherine/Katrina or some other variant that begins with a K. I like the Scottish spelling of Katrina and thought I could get away with changing it to K to carry on the tradition.